Page 1 of 6

Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:42 pm
by KG Erwin
Guys, I'm pleased to announce that barring any problems, SPWaW 8.2 will be available for public release within the next two or three days.

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:46 pm
by Goblin
*coughcoughhearditbeforecoughcough*


Goblin[;)]

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:58 pm
by KG Erwin
Yes, I'm well aware of that, too. This time, though, I was given permission "from the top" to make the announcement.

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:24 pm
by STEELER13
Yo All,
Now is this like a football 5 minutes("Hon, I'll do the lawn after the game--there's only 5 minutes to go..." or is this like the wife 5 minutes("I'm just dropping off something for my friend, I'll only be 5 minutes")

Just checking...[:)]
Seriously if it is really only 2 or 3 days, and it isn't a patch but a new download, well I have two cd's to got out next week so I will wait until Tuesday before sending.
Thank you!

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:03 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Doesn't really matter if 2 days or 2 weeks or 2 months.

I don't expect to die for several years, and until they make Combat Leader I am not expecting any competition for my time eh :)

I will be playing Steel Panthers regardless of the version.

But as I tell the wife, just serve it when it's done :)

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:38 pm
by Smeghead
Thanks for the update KG Erwin!

Great news. [:)]

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:07 pm
by rich12545
Looking forward to it. Do you know if it will be a full download only or will there be a patch?

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:58 pm
by KG Erwin
ORIGINAL: rich12545

Looking forward to it. Do you know if it will be a full download only or will there be a patch?

Rich, I sent an e-mail to Matrix asking that very question. The OOB Team will be sending the final tweaked version of the OOBs to the production staff tomorrow. Bits & bobs are being adjusted literally until the last minute. Depending on how fast the package can be assembled, we could see the build as early as tomorrow night, but I'm thinking it will probably be Monday or Tuesday. I'll pass along more info as I receive it. I'm as excited about getting this into the gamers' hands as you are. [:)]

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:01 pm
by Nikademus
Congratulations guys. Appreciate all the hard work you and your team have put into this.

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:20 pm
by KG Erwin
ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Congratulations guys. Appreciate all the hard work you and your team have put into this.

Thanks, Nikademus. The team members are looking forward to your comments after you have a chance to play with the revisions. I'm fully confident that most of you will be pleased with 8.2. It's been an honor to work with the dedicated gamers and researchers who contributed to it. [&o]

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:36 pm
by Schnee0
Woohoo! You have just made a lurker happy :)

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:50 pm
by wodin
Im happy to. A happy Newbie:)

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:25 am
by Sergio Castaldi
woooooooooow, finally we have 8.2 version!!!!!!
i hope that will be a patch.


thank you Erwin!!!!!


Sergio

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:07 am
by RayM
Excellent......

Ray

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:24 am
by KG Erwin
Hello there, Ray. Haven't heard much from you lately. Knowing that you're also a Pacific Theater fan, you'll find much to please you in 8.2. As I've mentioned frequently, the USMC has undergone quite a few tweaks--I hope you'll approve of what we did. As for the Japanese, they weren't changed as much, but you should find some improvements in the AI force selection routines--watch out for the snipers, scouts & tank hunters--they will be right up front, and expect those Jap mortars to start pounding you even before you encounter their main body. If you thought the jungle was a scary place before, well...you may end up hearing "Banzai!" in your sleep. [X(] [;)]

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:44 am
by m10bob
Everybody learned something from the last "upgrade".
1.Don't announce "upgrades" till they are ready to be released,(even when it's to improve a "free" game,*FOR P.R.'s SAKE*),and
2.Release as a patch as not everybody has the ability nor inclination to download the entire game all over again.
Love SPWAW and Matrix..

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:58 am
by RayM
Greetings KG:

I've been TDY to Korea for my company a few times over the last couple months and have been mainly trolling the forums to see what's happening. On the plus side, I have been able to continue my way through a new Pacific campaign using the USMC and IJA OOB sent to me some time ago. As forewarned, the fighting continues to be very intense and I still get startled from time to time by the "gotcha" aspects of fighting in this theater. I do love this game.

On another note, I finally broken down and loaded up CM: Beyond Overlord and played around with it some. Interesting but not the same as my Marines slugging it out in the jungle. Nice graphics though.

Looking forward to getting 8.2.

Ray

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:00 am
by Kevin E. Duguay
Hope the download site is fixed[&:]

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:45 am
by Belisarius
Looks like you jumped the gun there, Gunny. [;)]

RE: Announcement: 8.2's Imminent Release

Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:17 pm
by KG Erwin
I need a new smiley for being left twisting in the wind. [:(] My next announcement for 8.2's "imminent release " will be made 2 or 3 days AFTER it appears on the downloads page.