Page 1 of 1

Looking for good web-site for info on Sherman tank

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 8:21 pm
by wmosner
I can find plenty of sites to get detailed info on the German tanks of WWII but have had no luck finding sites giving data on the Sherman. Like to find sites that detail the differences between the 75mm and 76 mm, Jumbo, Easy8's etc. Anyone know of any?

Thanks, Bill Image

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 12:02 am
by Don Doom
Try here, this is a group that is [dedicicated]? to the sherman tank and all of its var. Some own and rebuild shermans.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/G104/?yguid=39508995

don

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 9:06 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Cant say if this link will surpass expectations

Found it in a book I just bought for modelling shermans and tigers.

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/spoelstra/g104

The book claims it as the webs best sherman source. I wont say anything other than its in my book, and the book is for modellers that cant stomache even the least inaccuracy heheh.
Its an Osprey book 2001, but believe its repackaged publications, the link should be current though.