Page 1 of 2
UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:00 pm
by Gallo Rojo
Cheers!
I'm trying to capture some screen shots form a PBEM I'm playing now (it is for writting an AAR). I download the UOSU utility. I extracted the zipped file and opened the uosu.exe file ... then I open the SPH2H and press the print-screen key ... that should generated screen captures, but it didn't ...
Do anyone nows how the UOSU exactly works? do I have to extract it to some especific fowlder? (i.e. program files, windows, C:)
thanks in advance
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:17 pm
by Gallo Rojo
Forget about it, I found how to do it. [:)]
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:50 am
by Skeletor
ORIGINAL: Gallo Rojo
Forget about it, I found how to do it. [:)]
Let us in on the secret, eh? [:)]
I have used UOSU but it only seems to work in windows, not in SP.
Other ones work in SP but get the colors all wrong.
What am I missing here? [&:]
-Skeletor
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:03 pm
by Gallo Rojo
Download the zipped file and extract files that it has inside (UOSU.exe, the NViewLib.dll and two text files).
I created a folder named UOSU in the C: to extract those files (C:\UOSU) and then I created a direct access in the desktop – but is not necessary.
Open the UOSU.exe
You have to select a folder where you want the screen shots be saved. To do it you have to double click on the icon of the “Folder C:\” that is in the upper right corner of the UOSU and browse until you get the folder you like. I created on in the SPWAW directory. (I hadn’t done that before, that was what I was doing wrong).
Now, you open the SPWaW wile the UOSU is also running. Press the “print screen” key every time you want to capture a screen shot. And that’s it! The screen shots will be saved in the folder you had previously choused.
Colors are right.
Enjoy!
Note: UOSU will work in SPWaW/H2H but not in SPWW2/MBT... I don't know how to capture screen shoots in those DOS Games.
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:14 pm
by Skeletor
Sorry to be a pest, but I've done all that and its not working.[:(]
I can take pictures in windows just fine. In SPWaW however, it makes the sound like it taking a picture and even raises the shot count but when I go back to UOSU theres nothing there.
[&:]
Notice how the shot count is at three in the attached pic, but the folder is still empty.
I've looked and they're not being saved anywhere else either.[&:]
-Skeletor

RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:53 pm
by Gallo Rojo
they won't appear in the UOSU.exe ... but if you go to your C:/Games/Steel Panthers World at War/Screenshots you should find hem.
It works for me at least.
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:29 pm
by Gallo Rojo
BUMP it for Paddington! [:D]
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:48 pm
by Jamminji
I am i the same boat... nothing is in the directory I created. Same as you, created a directory under the spwaw directory called pic captures. The shot coutner says I have taken 10 pics but non are there. I tried using the prnt scrn key and also set up the cntrl key as a hot key still no luck.
jam
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:16 am
by FlashfyreSP
You guys might want to give the HyperSnap-DX program a try. I've been using it for a few months now, and it works great. You can find it at the Hyperionincs website.
http://hyperionics.com/
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:48 pm
by Jamminji
It just seems odd that skeletor can capture spwaw but we can not. We can all capture from windows but not spwaw. there must be some little thing that skeletor has done that we have not.
Skeletor do you run spwaw in full screen mode? Could you post a capture of your UOSU showing your spwaw capture files?
jam
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:17 am
by Skeletor
ORIGINAL: Jamminji
It just seems odd that skeletor can capture spwaw but we can not. We can all capture from windows but not spwaw. there must be some little thing that skeletor has done that we have not.
Skeletor do you run spwaw in full screen mode? Could you post a capture of your UOSU showing your spwaw capture files?
jam
[&:]OK, I'm a little confused here...[&:]
I never got UOSU to work with SPWaW. Maybe you have me confused with Gallo Rojo?
If your talking about the pics I posted in our AAR, those ones were taken with Hypersnap.
Anyways, I'd still be interested to know how Gallo Rojo got UOSU to work since my copy of Hypersnap has now expired.
-Skeletor
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:27 am
by Voriax
I tried this UOSU (Ultima online screenshot utility, right?)
It worked nicely without any special tricks *except* the jpg compression had to be turned OFF. After that it will create bmp's when I have spwaw running and I hit the print screen key.
Voriax
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:12 am
by Skeletor
ORIGINAL: Voriax
I tried this UOSU (Ultima online screenshot utility, right?)
It worked nicely without any special tricks *except* the jpg compression had to be turned OFF. After that it will create bmp's when I have spwaw running and I hit the print screen key.
Voriax
I tried that too but on my computer the pics come out in psychedelic colors. [:)]
Heres one of the Germans attacking Venus.[:D]

RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:08 pm
by Gallo Rojo
ORIGINAL: Jamminji
It just seems odd that skeletor can capture spwaw but we can not. We can all capture from windows but not spwaw. there must be some little thing that skeletor has done that we have not.
Skeletor do you run spwaw in full screen mode? Could you post a capture of your UOSU showing your spwaw capture files?
jam
Here you have.
It's the last turn of my current battle against Chis Galka.
You can see a PzIV that will be destroyed very soon by those T-34s on the north [:D]
Battle ended in a Draw [:)]

RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:13 pm
by Gallo Rojo
And a T-34 ready to kill the Panzer

RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:11 pm
by Jamminji
Sorry Skeletor, I ment Gallo Rojo...
You do have it working Gallo Rojo! That is great. could you put up a screen cap of the UOSU box with you settings? I would not think that it is only your computer that works....hehe Do you save as jpg's or bmp's? I guess the screen shot will tell us.
jam
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:50 pm
by Gallo Rojo
ORIGINAL: Jamminji
could you put up a screen cap of the UOSU box with you settings? I would not think that it is only your computer that works....
here you have [:)]
ORIGINAL: Jamminji
Do you save as jpg's or bmp's? I guess the screen shot will tell us.
UOSU saves it as bmp... but then I save them as GIF to make the file smaller (bmp file is hevier: 465 kb agains GIF's 49 kb; and the forum doesn't allow me to upload a 465kb file)

RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:53 pm
by Gallo Rojo
OK ... two crussial things that are different in my settings from the ones of Skeletor:
don't chek neither "JPG Compression" nor "crop a title bar"
and don't reduce JPG quality neither.
Remember that you have to press PrintScreen Key to capture pics in SPWAW.
let me know if it works
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:28 pm
by Jamminji
I set it the way you have it, both boxes off. I now get the bmp file and I can view the pic, but it has all the colors messed up also. grrrrrr.... Gallo Rojo, I guess your just the lucky one that has the perfect computer config to run it correctly. I don't know what else to try.
jam
RE: UOSU (Screen Shot )
Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:21 am
by Voriax
Jamminji, what is your video card? Maybe it does not like certain brand of cards. I have Radeon 9200 and uosu works fine, except the jpg compression.
Voriax