Page 1 of 1
500 Miles
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:22 am
by Wild Bill
That old song has been going through my mind today as I think of servicemen and women thousands of miles away from home during this holiday season.
Today I am enjoying the comforts of my home because they are thousands of miles away from their homes protecting mine.
Thank you. All of us salute you and wish for you a very happy new year! Come home safe. That is our prayer!
Wild Bill
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:38 am
by Supervisor
Here ye here ye, even though I was fortunate enough to return home for the holidays after being deployed for 3 months those thoughts are still and always appreciated. I tried to return the favor by sending numerous care packages to my fellow servicemen and women still deployed defending our freedom.
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:59 pm
by Randy
A very good post indeed. God Bless America and all those who defend Her. I wish you all a safe return.
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:44 am
by Dogfish
Somehow after this post the others here seem superficial. There's more to supporting our troops overseas than flying a flag on your car, now and after their safe return. My thoughts are with them and their families this season.
-----------------------
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm"
George Orwell
-Dogfish
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:25 pm
by bobaloo000
Amen.