Page 1 of 2
AoW?
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:43 am
by New York Jets
I've been ill for several days, and am still. Is the AoW Forum gone?
RE: AoW?
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:17 am
by mavraam
Yes.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:46 am
by Mad Cow
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
I've been ill for several days, and am still. Is the AoW Forum gone?
There is a link at the bottom of the forum list which links to Mad Cow's Steakhouse for all of your AoW type needs.
Matrix rules!
RE: AoW?
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:37 pm
by New York Jets
ORIGINAL: Mad Cow
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
I've been ill for several days, and am still. Is the AoW Forum gone?
There is a link at the bottom of the forum list which links to Mad Cow's Steakhouse for all of your AoW type needs.
Matrix rules!
No, thank you. I won't join a board where one of the forum mods/hosts (not you) won't even address me by name and instead bastardizes it in a fashion very personally insulting to me. Besides, I feel the final downfall of the AoW forum was, in part, orchestrated by some of the very mods/hosts/adminstrators "emeritus" at the new location.
I'm sorry if I seem bitter, but I was just rendered blind in my left eye by an embolism in my retinal artery on Monday morning, last. Plus diagnosed with hypertension. All just two friggin' days before a pre-employemt physical for a new job.
I logged on here last night for a little 'theraputic banter' and I find the AoW forum gone. I'm pretty p1ssed off about it.
My apologies to Mr Heath, et al. for my outburst. I'll stick here, though. I have
some loyalty.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:16 am
by *Lava*
Hi!
Would tend to aggree with you Chris.
Sorry to hear about your eye, I'd be a bit bummed myself. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Ray (alias Lava)
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:37 am
by .50Kerry
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
ORIGINAL: Mad Cow
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
I've been ill for several days, and am still. Is the AoW Forum gone?
There is a link at the bottom of the forum list which links to Mad Cow's Steakhouse for all of your AoW type needs.
Matrix rules!
No, thank you. I won't join a board where one of the forum mods/hosts (not you) won't even address me by name and instead bastardizes it in a fashion very personally insulting to me. Besides, I feel the final downfall of the AoW forum was, in part, orchestrated by some of the very mods/hosts/adminstrators "emeritus" at the new location.
I'm sorry if I seem bitter, but I was just rendered blind in my left eye by an embolism in my retinal artery on Monday morning, last. Plus diagnosed with hypertension. All just two friggin' days before a pre-employemt physical for a new job.
I logged on here last night for a little 'theraputic banter' and I find the AoW forum gone. I'm pretty p1ssed off about it.
My apologies to Mr Heath, et al. for my outburst. I'll stick here, though. I have
some loyalty.
Hey Chris heal up soon....
regards,
sven
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:09 am
by New York Jets
ORIGINAL: .50Kerry
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
ORIGINAL: Mad Cow
There is a link at the bottom of the forum list which links to Mad Cow's Steakhouse for all of your AoW type needs.
Matrix rules!
No, thank you. I won't join a board where one of the forum mods/hosts (not you) won't even address me by name and instead bastardizes it in a fashion very personally insulting to me. Besides, I feel the final downfall of the AoW forum was, in part, orchestrated by some of the very mods/hosts/adminstrators "emeritus" at the new location.
I'm sorry if I seem bitter, but I was just rendered blind in my left eye by an embolism in my retinal artery on Monday morning, last. Plus diagnosed with hypertension. All just two friggin' days before a pre-employemt physical for a new job.
I logged on here last night for a little 'theraputic banter' and I find the AoW forum gone. I'm pretty p1ssed off about it.
My apologies to Mr Heath, et al. for my outburst. I'll stick here, though. I have
some loyalty.
Hey Chris heal up soon....
regards,
sven
Thank you, sven. That means a lot coming from you.
But, the doc says its permanent. It was like a friggin light switch. One second everything's clear, the next second I can't see through my left eye. Now they're runnning tests on my eyes, my heart, and my corroted arteries to assess the threat level.
regards,
Chris
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:13 am
by brent_2
Chris - I too hope you can recover, that's a hell of a shock. I hope the good doctor is in error.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:31 am
by Kevin E. Duguay
Chris,
We had some heated debates, but all in good fun, I hope!
Sorry to hear of your condition. Take good care of yourself and get well soon.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:53 am
by bradfordkay
Wow Chris, I hope you're doing okay. Best wishes to you, man.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:12 am
by Doggie
Well Chris, we're all sorry to hear about that. You may have heard I spent some time in the hospital myself recently so I can empathize.
You got to remember it's only an internet forum, and not to take things so personally. You're welcome at the new AoW forums if you should change your mind. So far, we've not had any complaints.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:57 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Sorry to hear that Chris. Good luck to you sir. Call on your social support groups when things go wrong. It really helps.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:24 pm
by CCB
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
the doc says its permanent. It was like a friggin light switch. One second everything's clear, the next second I can't see through my left eye. Now they're runnning tests on my eyes, my heart, and my corroted arteries to assess the threat level.
regards,
Chris
I hope things get better for you Chris.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:11 pm
by Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
ORIGINAL: Mad Cow
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
I've been ill for several days, and am still. Is the AoW Forum gone?
There is a link at the bottom of the forum list which links to Mad Cow's Steakhouse for all of your AoW type needs.
Matrix rules!
I'm sorry if I seem bitter, but I was just rendered blind in my left eye by an embolism in my retinal artery on Monday morning, last. Plus diagnosed with hypertension. All just two friggin' days before a pre-employemt physical for a new job.
Im sorry to hear that Chris. I hope they can find a way to improve your vision or at the very least not find any other danger points.
There are several forums over at the Steakhouse to post in. You never even have to post in the one forum you mentioned if you dont want to.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:28 pm
by Frank W.
sorry to hear that chris, the best wishes.
sometimes it´s really frightening how fast such
things can get one.
the removing of AOW: i´m quite thankful for it, one
forum less where i waste my time [:(]
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:05 pm
by UndercoverNotChickenSalad
damb [:(]
Sorry to hear your problems tr00g. Thoughts and prayers, take care bro.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:57 am
by mjk428
Chris Trog -
All the best to you and your family.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:49 am
by New York Jets
I would like to say thank you and I appreciate everyone's thoughts. There's a chance I can still get my new job even being functionally blind in one eye.
Doggie could be right, though. Maybe I should remove the stick from my @ss, take things a little less personally, and loosen up a bit.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:31 am
by nelmsm1
Hey Chris, I hope everything works out for you and we will be including you in our prayers.
RE: AoW?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:51 pm
by Reiryc
Ugh... sorry to hear about the eye.
Saw you play panzer campaigns. Provided we have the same one, maybe we can start up a game. Nothing like a little pbem combat to focus the tensions on something besides one's life problems/issues etc.
Hopefully you'll land the new job, see an eye specialist that predicts he can help you, and actually have sex with the wife more than once a month! [;)][:'(]