Page 1 of 1

The 2 Nemeses of the desert. ...

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2001 11:53 pm
by Wild Bill
:cool:

I had to put on my Rommel goggles. Back in the desert. I love 88s. I hate Matildas! :mad:

The problem is that there are too many Matildas and too few 88s!

"I sympathize with your plight :( Herr General Rommel. Can you spare me an 88 or two sir."

"Sir, yes sir! We'll make do with 37s

:p . Jahwol, General! I'm moving now! "

:rolleyes:

What about it testers?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 1:22 am
by Don
I for one can not understand all the complaining about Matida's - heck, I gave them perfectly good Mark III tanks with perfectly good 37mm guns to fight them with! Sheesh! :rolleyes: :p :D :D

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 1:39 am
by panda124c
Originally posted by Don:
I for one can not understand all the complaining about Matida's - heck, I gave them perfectly good Mark III tanks with perfectly good 37mm guns to fight them with! Sheesh! :rolleyes: :p :D :D
Fuel, fuel is the answer, make the Matilda's chase you until they run out of fuel. Then we can capture them. Matida vs Matida
:D :rolleyes:

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 3:21 am
by Randy Stead
I haven't tried this one yet, and from these posts I feel too timid to try! I remember from original Steel Panthers that I wasn't very scared of these big ugly dinosaurs, just suppress them and then assault them with mech-infantry. Obviously, this game has come a long way and that won't work anymore. Bring it on, version 5.0....

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 3:32 am
by dox44
..ode to a matilda opponent..

if the crew don't bail

you're in for some hell :eek:

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 7:31 am
by Tankhead
:D :D :D :D

Tankhead
Originally posted by casebier:
..ode to a matilda opponent..

if the crew don't bail

you're in for some hell :eek:

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:11 am
by Billy Yank
Originally posted by casebier:
..ode to a matilda opponent..

if the crew don't bail

you're in for some hell :eek:
I'll bet that rhymes if you're from Waxahachie :D

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:16 am
by dox44
everything rhymes if you're from
waxahachie :D!

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:48 am
by Wild Bill
Touche, Leatherneck!
:D :D :D

WB

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:48 am
by Possum
Hello all.
Some thing from my perspective from fighting in North africa

1st the British point ov view.
Flak 18-88mm AA, A wonder weapon , Kills Matilads first shot, Kills 25 Lbder crews with one shot, kils...... with one shot, alwys hits.
Matildas: A lumbering dinosaur, can't hit a barn at 100 m, and when it does that dinky 2 Lbdr just bounces right off. Only virtue is that it seems to be invunerable to 37mm AP.

Boys ATR's ( My pet hate): Absolutly useless,
rarely hits, and when it does, nothing happens, even when shooting at trucks.

Crusader's : A Wonder tank, Looks really cool, goes fast, kills Pz-III's with one shot (usually)

Now the German point of view.
Flak 18- 88mm AA, Thank Hitler for these, The only weapon that has a hope of stopping a Matilda. Now if only the crew could be persuaded to stay and actually shoot the thing.....
Matildas, Unstoppable, Indistructable, Elite crews, They kill anything they see, might need a couple of attempts, but that feindishly accurate 2 Lbdr will go through everything I have.

Boys ATR's, A nasty weapon, Kills trucks, haftracks, Armoured cars with ease. Good for pilling suppression onto my tanks so they panic. Accurate. The British put it on everything that doesn't have a 2 Lbdr Gun already.

Crusaders, Target practice, die's real easy.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 6:47 am
by murx
Possums that sounds nasty funny ;)
murx