Page 1 of 1
HELP!
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 8:30 pm
by denny06
I can't seem to download the complete SpwawMain45.exe program. It stops downloading at around 260meg. I ran the install anyways and it stopped at the point where it asked me for disk 2. Any help would be appreciated.
Can I run this game with 24meg ram, or does it absolutelty have to be 32?
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 8:33 pm
by Alby
Are you using a download program, such as getright? lets you restart from where download failed.
5.0 should be out anytime you might wanna wait for it...
24 megs is pretty shaky for this game, it may work ok tho, im not sure
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 11:38 pm
by chief
Denny 06:
I can tell you that the game will operate properly with only 24mbs RAM (it will be a little slower), but it will run, I know cause until 1 month ago I had the same amount of RAM. Yes, an upgraded RAM does improve the game, I also learnt that lesson.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 12:49 am
by USMCGrunt
One thing that I experienced myself that was similar to your 260mb download, was due to my ISP. If I tried downloading the full game just from the website, my download would stop at about 110mb. When I used an FTP program though, I was able to get the whole thing at one time. The 260mb might be a limit that your ISP has placed on HTTP downloads. You might try the Get Right program or and FTP client.
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 1:33 am
by Latka
Denny,
I remember seeing that "disk 2" problem quite a ways back.
Which site are you attempting to download the program from?
-Andy