Page 1 of 1

Which Scenario?

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:57 pm
by Grumbling Grogn
Sorry for the dumb question, but I have not touched UV for about quite a while and I am about to give it another try with the latest patch.

But, after installing the newest patch, I don't seem to be able to find the "grand scenario" that is HISTORICALLY based. I.E. Midway does occur, etc.

I see TWO scenarios that run the max time frame allowed in the game, but both contain notes indicating they are both hypothetical.

Where is the "Big Histocial Scenario"?

Thanks in advance [&o] ,
GG

RE: Which Scenario?

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:06 pm
by tsimmonds
Scenario 16 starts on 6/1/42 and assumes that Midway occurs. Possibly 18 might start on 5/1/42 and assume Midway takes place historically...?

RE: Which Scenario?

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:13 pm
by Grumbling Grogn
16 is the closest I see, but it does start in June of 1942.

I would LIKE to have it start in May of '42 like some of the others do (Coral Sea, etc.)

18 is the tutorial, I don't think you mean this one. ;-)

19 has an entire series of hypothetical assumptions (no prob with this scen, I just want to do the historical one a few times first).

Not to be an ass here, but please don't tell me there isn't one when we have MULTIPLE hypothetical varants... [&:]

Thanks for the feedback either way,
Scott

RE: Which Scenario?

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:38 pm
by sabreman1966mcs
ORIGINAL: Grumbling Grogn

Sorry for the dumb question, but I have not touched UV for about quite a while and I am about to give it another try with the latest patch.

But, after installing the newest patch, I don't seem to be able to find the "grand scenario" that is HISTORICALLY based. I.E. Midway does occur, etc.

I see TWO scenarios that run the max time frame allowed in the game, but both contain notes indicating they are both hypothetical.

Where is the "Big Histocial Scenario"?

Thanks in advance [&o] ,
GG

There are two scenarios over on Spookys site that seem to be at least semi historical variants. I think they were written for a previous version, but seem to play ok so far.

Good Luck![;)]

RE: Which Scenario?

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:52 pm
by tsimmonds
16 is the closest I see, but it does start in June of 1942.

I would LIKE to have it start in May of '42 like some of the others do (Coral Sea, etc.)
I thought there was a historical scenario that did, but perhaps not.

RE: Which Scenario?

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:49 pm
by NorthStar
AFAIK, Scenario 16 is the "historical" scenario. It starts in June, since in order to consider Midway, it has to start AFTER Midway.

UV has no mechanism to withdraw ships, so in order to get a historic Midway, the carriers sunk at Midway have to be removed from the data base at the begining of the scenario.

I suppose you could use one of the May start scnarios (17?) and edit out the Midway carriers, but that will make the first month non-historical anyways.