Page 1 of 2

Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:26 pm
by Brady
???





Image

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:32 pm
by tiredoftryingnames
Two guys marvelling that a pilot could shoot down another aircraft with a bow and arrow.

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:36 pm
by 52nd Lowland
Excellent guess [:)]

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:41 pm
by Nikademus
two guys discussing the contents of Brady's refridgerator.

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:43 pm
by Jaypea
I think hes actually pointing at the salad tongs sticking out the side of the plane.

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:54 pm
by Ron Saueracker
Looks like the good guys going over a junked Japanese fighter. Perhaps the Zero found relatively intact in the Aleutians following the attack on Dutch Harbor?

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:05 pm
by Nikademus
only if the pilot shot down one of his own.....i can see what appear to be red discs on the wings of that "kill graphic"

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:07 pm
by Rendova
From the angle the plane is sitting at it looks like a tricycle landing gear..... And it looks like the plane has meat balls on the wings so I don't its a zero

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:33 pm
by Subchaser
Ki-100-I-KO

EDIT: Now I see the hint, Name this (100) - Ki-100 [8D]

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:38 pm
by byron13
Looks like the plane shot down was a P-39 or P-40.

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:34 pm
by Arnir
The canopy looks wrong to me to be a Zero. (Which pretty much guarantees that it is). The kill marker looks like a p-39 to me, but I'm not sure all the painters were grogs.

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:07 pm
by Reichenberg
It is definitely an early production Ki-100-I.

The cooling flaps of the engine and the side plates at the fuselage (the "square" one in the foreground and the round shaped line of nuts leading towards the engine). The round windows right behind the canopy are a clear sign too.

Uwe

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:23 am
by Cap Mandrake
PFC's Ernie Zabrowski (Brooklyn, NY) and Emeliano Ramirez (Bronx) B Coy, 40th Construction Bn, Rendova Is., late '43.

Ernie is the one with the Hush Puppies and the Timex.

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:25 am
by byron13
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

PFC's Ernie Zabrowski (Brooklyn, NY) and Emeliano Ramirez (Bronx) B Coy, 40th Construction Bn, Rendova Is., late '43.

Ernie is the one with the Hush Puppies and the Timex.

Guess Ernie is in the plane. Those don't look like Hush Puppies to me!

(FYI: Ramirez only worked and played in the Bronx. He lived in Queens)

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:36 am
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: byron13
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

PFC's Ernie Zabrowski (Brooklyn, NY) and Emeliano Ramirez (Bronx) B Coy, 40th Construction Bn, Rendova Is., late '43.

Ernie is the one with the Hush Puppies and the Timex.

Guess Ernie is in the plane. Those don't look like Hush Puppies to me!

(FYI: Ramirez only worked and played in the Bronx. He lived in Queens)

Do you have a source for that?

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:39 am
by byron13
Nah. Just funnin'. I thought you were too. No?

I have no clue what I'm looking at other than I agree that is probably a P-39 on the side.

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:11 am
by Warspite**
Based on the distance from the propellor to the cockpit and what looks like an air intake on top, I think its a CA-12 Boomerang

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:15 am
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: byron13

Nah. Just funnin'. I thought you were too. No?

I have no clue what I'm looking at other than I agree that is probably a P-39 on the side.


yup...was yust yoking [;)]

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:03 am
by Raverdave
This is the best you can do for the 100th?[:-]







[;)]

RE: Name This...(100)

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:38 am
by jrcar
Kawasaki Ki-100-Ia . Not the round "Porthole" window which you can make out at the far back of the canopy, a spoting feature of the 1a version :)

Cheers

Rob