Page 1 of 1
Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:47 pm
by ravinhood
Awhile back someone on some forum posted a link to a CIVIL WAR game that looked very simular to the Total War Engine game, colorful 3D units, and it had a trailer that showed some of the actual battle scenes, somehow I have misplaced this trailer and the webpage of this game.
If this hits anyones light bulb of this game and what the name of it is or the website, I'd sure appreciate a link to it. I don't know why but I keep hearing the name "Honor & Glory" (not to be confused for Strength & Honor, I have that website) as the title for it, but, I couldn't find anything doing a Google search.
Thanks in advance.

RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:46 pm
by wodin
History channel made a game.
God knows how it plays but it sound similar.
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:54 pm
by Von Rom
Is this the game?
"Take Command 1861"
It's due out this fall:
I also note that they don't have a publisher yet [;)]
http://www.madminutegames.com/

RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:05 pm
by brent_2
There's also Walker Boy's Studios War Between the States
http://www.walkerboystudio.com/html/wbts.html
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:33 pm
by ravinhood
That's IT! Von Rom thank you so much

I want this game thanks for the link now I can go drool at the pictures some more.
Oh that one looks good too Brent_2, I'll have to keep a watch on both now. Sadly all this waiting for Fall and Winter 2004 is a process I don't enjoy, where's all the good games in the summer time?????
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:10 pm
by Von Rom
ORIGINAL: ravinhood
That's IT! Von Rom thank you so much

I want this game thanks for the link now I can go drool at the pictures some more.
Oh that one looks good too Brent_2, I'll have to keep a watch on both now. Sadly all this waiting for Fall and Winter 2004 is a process I don't enjoy, where's all the good games in the summer time?????
My pleasure [:)]
BTW, if you are dying to play a Civil War game, and if you haven't tried yet, I highly recommend Civil War Generals 2 available at UD. It has 17 campaigns covering all aspects of the Civil War:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4336
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:50 pm
by Von Rom
I think it would be great if Matrix was able to develop a Civil War game along the lines of Civil War Generals 2: turn-based; great graphics and music; multiple campaigns; tactical battles with a strategic over-lay; etc. . .
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:36 pm
by Makoto
HTTR : Civil War
*drooool*
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:23 am
by ravinhood
ORIGINAL: Makoto
HTTR : Civil War
*drooool*
HTTR Civil War??? Where? when???? Where's the link????
Oh and btw are there any computer games that would play like "War and Peace" by Avalon Hill? Napoleanics type grand campaign game???
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:06 am
by DerekP
No [:(]
Although if Matrix ever get round to releasing Empires in Arms that will be the business.
Wish someone would computer convert the old Victory Games title "The Civil War". That was possibly my favourite pre WW2 board game.
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:54 pm
by bradfordkay
I find it interesting that the screenshot hsows the 25th Virginia Regt flying Union colors.I hope that is an early screenshot, and not indicative of the quality of their work...
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:25 pm
by Didz
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
I find it interesting that the screenshot hsows the 25th Virginia Regt flying Union colors.I hope that is an early screenshot, and not indicative of the quality of their work...
OMG: I never noticed that until you mentioned it.
Hopefully, its some sort of gliche in the screen display. Perhaps the CSS regiment is selected and being targeted at the regiment in the window.[:D]
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:48 pm
by Von Rom
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
I find it interesting that the screenshot hsows the 25th Virginia Regt flying Union colors.I hope that is an early screenshot, and not indicative of the quality of their work...
Here is the next screenshot in the sequence, so maybe the name is pointing to the Confederates?

RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:16 am
by 2ndACR
God those screen shots look good. I may have to check this out further. It does look like the Total War engine. I know someone did a Napolean Mod for MTW.
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:22 pm
by Didz
Key question is it a real time engine or can it be played PBEM.
The graphic's look brilliant but if you can't play a campaign over the internet its appeal will be limited.
Forget it! I answered my own question.
Not good news, (for me anyway) Still at least the graphic's look about right. Now I just need someone with wargaming experience to design a playable multiplayer interface.
-- Real-time tactical combat with a 10:1 soldier to sprite ratio.
--3D terrain & 3Dsound
--Player’s goal is to increase rank over the course of the war and get promoted to larger commands.
--Tactical grading system that evaluates and grades a player’s performance during combat.
--Ability to promote/demote subordinate leaders.
--Courier message system for receiving orders and communicating with AI controlled superior leaders.
--Multiple-day battles with night phases.
--AI leader’s attributes & personality affect tactical tendencies and strategic movements.
--Units run out of ammunition.
--Ammo/Ordinance wagons re-supply units on the field.
--Player only controls troops directly below his command…all other troops are controlled by AI and carry out their part of the fight without input from player. Throughout the day’s battle, the AI gives the player various orders that the player must carry out.
--Manage your unit’s morale, fatigue, supply, training & health.
--Player promotions increase viewing elevation of the battlefield and change the way a player fights a battle (ie micromanaging combat at lower ranks while more strategic decisions only available at higher ranks).
--Historically accurate state & national flags (along with all Corps flags from the Army of the Potomac).
--Accurate ballistics modeling of muskets, rifles, and cannons.
--Cannons use four types of ammunition that have different visual affects…. Shrapnel- air bursts, Shell- ground bursts, Solid- ground hit, & Canister- multiple ground hits.
--No more regiment vs. regiment combat. Every single man in our regiments finds his own best target. He fires at and kills a specific man in an opposing regiment. That means that one regiment can fire at multiple opposing regiments. And since we kill specific men, you will see flanking fire wipe out one side of a regiment while leaving the other side intact.
Apart from the Real-Time bit it looks like a really good game.
RE: Guys can you help me please?
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:49 pm
by elmo3
As long as people are plugging games, don't forget the Civil War Campaigns for Corinth, Ozark, and Franklin by John Tiller at HPS:
http://www.hpssims.com