Page 1 of 1
aircraft losses
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:34 am
by afspret
While recently scrolling down the list of lost aircraft I noticed that I had lost 4 P-47s. I'm playing Scen 17 against the AI and the problem is I'm not scheduled to get any P-47 units for several more months! Question is, how can I loose aircraft that I don't even have yet? Is this a fluke or a bug?
RE: aircraft losses
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:53 am
by scorryuk
Guess they didn`t pass quality control back at the factory. Either that or the test flights didn`t go so good [:D] Seriously though that is a little strange. But with the planes I`ve lost to IJN Zeros 4 more isn`t go to change the course of the war!
RE: aircraft losses
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:35 pm
by Iron Duke
Hi,
Is it the 'out of the box scenario' or have you edited it in any way. I,ve had somethink similar happen but only to an edited scenario.
RE: aircraft losses
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:12 pm
by crsutton
Well what has got me curious is that I have been getting 60 P47s a month for two months now yet will not get a P47 squadron for another 70 days. My P40 pilots are pissed as heck as the crates are just sittin on the dock [:(] They have to wait for mustangs?
RE: aircraft losses
Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:41 am
by afspret
Its a slightly modified edited scenerio. I changed one of the late arriving RAAF P-40 Sqdrns to P-47s, but gave it an arrival date of about the same time as the USAAF P-47 Sqdrns.
The only other change I made was to re-activate the three squadrons of the USAAFs 24th FG (3rd, 17th, & 20th FSs). This is the group that was, for all intent and purposes, wiped out early in the war fighting in the Philippines. It was kept on the active roster by the USAAF but never physically re-established, so I figured why waste some good units, even if it puts a strain on my P-40 supply.