Page 1 of 1
Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....
Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:31 pm
by 52nd Lowland
Never played PBEM before so looking for an Japanese opponent to give me a pasting as the Allies...Will give me experience for WitP PBEM in the months it takes me to get a grip of the game.
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:39 am
by irishman
My first time on PBEM as well. The AI is too predictable! What scenario are you thinking of? 19 is easier for the Japs and 17 seems to be better for the allies. Might as well make it as realistic as possible (Jap sub doctrine ON, Allied damage control ON etc.).
Irishman.
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:37 pm
by 52nd Lowland
ORIGINAL: irishman
My first time on PBEM as well. The AI is too predictable! What scenario are you thinking of? 19 is easier for the Japs and 17 seems to be better for the allies. Might as well make it as realistic as possible (Jap sub doctrine ON, Allied damage control ON etc.).
Irishman.
Yep ive no problem leaving the settings as realistic as possible.What about scenario 19 which gives the Japanese increased air and army units (thankfully no more naval

and increased pilot skills ? Whats your views on the reinforcement rates ? Ive increased them for the enemy side when playing AI as it helps balance the play but have no idea re: playing PBEM.
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:24 pm
by irishman
19 sounds fine. I'll leave all the options on and set reinforcements to 100%. I'm not sure if this is balanced but should be close to historical levels. I guess there's only one way to find out!
It's up to me as the Japs to kick off so I'll set it up and running and e-mail you when I'm finished. (Haven't played 19 before so this may take a few hours as I review my OOB!).
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:48 pm
by 52nd Lowland
ORIGINAL: irishman
19 sounds fine. I'll leave all the options on and set reinforcements to 100%. I'm not sure if this is balanced but should be close to historical levels. I guess there's only one way to find out!
It's up to me as the Japs to kick off so I'll set it up and running and e-mail you when I'm finished. (Haven't played 19 before so this may take a few hours as I review my OOB!).
TORA! TORA! TORA!
No problem Irishman take as long as u want im nightshift tonite anyway [:)]
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:50 pm
by irishman
I have the first turn completed. How do I e-mail the file to you? It's about 210Kb and the 'Post Reply' button attachment limit is 200Kb. The direct e-mail connection doesn't seem to allow files to be transmitted, only text! I can e-mail it to you via hotmail etc if thats better (I need your email address for this!). Am I missing the easy way to do this?
Irishman.
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:35 pm
by 52nd Lowland
Ive sent u a Private Message on this Irishman [;)]