Page 1 of 2

Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:11 am
by Pascal_slith
I noticed the greater than normal number of anxious potential buyers lurking here these past two days. Does everyone regularly check the 'Store'? Like every hour? [:D][:D] Every 30 minutes? [:D][:D][:D]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:12 am
by Odin
Nearly every 30 minutes[:D]

Can´t wait...i need the stuff![:D]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:16 am
by cpt_Venomous
logged int matrix earlier today and saw over 400 people being on at once, talk about scary

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:23 am
by Pascal_slith
Can you imagine the server breakdown when we all log in for digital download? [:@]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:28 am
by Odin
I believe the server will face some problems....but i hope not so big problems that the people who buy CD´s in the shop will get their games earlier[:D]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:31 am
by cpt_Venomous
how big is download?

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:50 am
by Antonius
ORIGINAL: Odin

I believe the server will face some problems....but i hope not so big problems that the people who buy CD´s in the shop will get their games earlier[:D]

I have grown a great interest in the "forgotten" Pacific War thanks to UV, I have quite a number of free hours ahead as the Euro 2004 football competition is coming to an end, I have a friend anxious to start a WitP pbem game so nothing short of an galactical catastrophe is going to stop me from trying to download the game.

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:08 am
by PlacidDragon
The download should be less than 512 MB's. As for the server breaking down, Digital River should easily be able to handle anything Matrix manages to throw at them (if what they are writing on their webpage is anything but patting themselves on the back of course....lol) [:)]

This webpage on the other hand, is a different matter. Its going fairly slow (even tho i have a 2 Mbit DSL connection at home), and its not noticeably faster here at work either (100 mbit or gigabit connection, i forget). In any case, its *awfully* fast...lol. If 500 people simultaniously try to DD through Matrix's server, that might kneel from the pressure, we'll see when DD becomes available [:)]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:00 pm
by Jonny_B
[font="Times New Roman"][/font]

[;)][;)]

Mr. Pascal:

I am not lurking, I am waiting and waiting and waiting dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:02 pm
by 52nd Lowland
[quote]ORIGINAL: Jonny_B

[font="Times New Roman"][/font]

[;)][;)]

Mr. Pascal:

I am not lurking, I am waiting and waiting and waiting dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the rest.....

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:02 pm
by The Gnome
So you mean staying up until 3am hitting <F5> is a bad idea? Not that I'm doing that or anything.....

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:03 pm
by drw61
Its every hour or so, my wife and kids think I've lost what little gray matter I ever had......

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:05 pm
by Mr.Frag
So you mean staying up until 3am hitting <F5> is a bad idea? Not that I'm doing that or anything.....

Well, it's a tad silly but ...

You do understand that Digital River is a company staffed by employees right? They work business hours. Very little point pounding on them outside of business hours because there is nobody home. [:D]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:09 pm
by Jonny_B
[:(][:(][:(][font="Times New Roman"][/font]



I am not sure, but I believe I am starting to dream about Witp.
Such as, first moves, where I will attack first and, what WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I do not even own the game yet, and it has affected my sleep. Ouch!

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:09 pm
by jhdeerslayer
Digital River is in Minnesota to I believe if that helps the time zone relevant lurkers.

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:10 pm
by The Gnome
Well, it's a tad silly but ...

You do understand that Digital River is a company staffed by employees right? They work business hours. Very little point pounding on them outside of business hours because there is nobody home.

I was exagerrating, but that's what it feels like at any rate. ;)

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:13 pm
by Mr.Frag
I was exagerrating, but that's what it feels like at any rate. ;)

You might be, but I bet there were a lot of people pounding on the site after hours [;)]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:15 pm
by hithere
I have found that if you take finishing nails and drive them into you arm's, it helps with the anxiety

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:17 pm
by Mr.Frag
I have found that if you take finishing nails and drive them into you arm's, it helps with the anxiety

Yikes, remind me to let you win if we ever play! [X(]

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:17 pm
by hithere
also...my smilie is not intended to acually point to anyone [:'(]