Page 1 of 2

Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:58 am
by pad152
Does the new Digital Download have it's own download manager or should you use GetRight?

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:39 am
by Marc von Martial
It has a download resume function (check "help" section ins e-store), but you can also use Getright if you prefer it.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:16 pm
by Black Cat
Will the Manual be included in the Digital Download Marc ?

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:18 pm
by daft
I would be very surprised if it isn't.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:28 pm
by Grouchy
Lol, WitP without a manual.....[X(] Good luck!

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:51 pm
by Marc von Martial
ORIGINAL: Black Cat

Will the Manual be included in the Digital Download Marc ?

Yes of course.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:56 pm
by mjjhnim
hi I was pure reader of this forum for couple of years.

I been playing pacwar for many years... I waited for this game for so long...

currently i live in south korea seoul, is it possible for me to d.d with my credit card?

...by the way, I only play gary grisby's games...

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:57 pm
by daft
ORIGINAL: mjjhnim

hi I was pure reader of this forum for couple of years.

I been playing pacwar for many years... I waited for this game for so long...

currently i live in south korea seoul, is it possible for me to d.d with my credit card?

...by the way, I only play gary grisby's games...

Yes, you will be able to pay with your credit card.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:57 pm
by Erik Rutins
Yes, shouldn't be a problem (once it's online).

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:58 pm
by mbatch729
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, shouldn't be a problem (once it's online).

Regards,

- Erik
ETA?

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:58 pm
by Subchaser
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
ORIGINAL: Black Cat

Will the Manual be included in the Digital Download Marc ?

Yes of course.

Now what about intro movie? While a manual is essential thing to come with a game of such complexity … intro movie might be excessive, especially if one is going to download the game. Really… this video file is probably about 80-100mg big, and those gamers who don’t have a luxury of a high speed internet connection will spend hours downloading only this one file alone. One should also remember that the less mgs are in the archive file then the less chances that data in archive will be corrupted during downloading procedure. I see no reasons for including intro clip into DD package, cause I think everybody who will download the game later will order back-up copy of the game on CD which will contain the video clip as well. I can enjoy WitP even without that fancy into movie… sure it will be great to see it later.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:19 pm
by Alexander Seil
Indeed. Downloading even 20 extra megs is a pain on a slow connection.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:09 pm
by Marc von Martial
It will allways be the same package. Download or cd on demand. Building extra builts for slower connections etc. will only increase the chance of troubles for us.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:16 pm
by daniel123
what payment method give Matix the best return? Paypal / credit card type? etc. i want to give Matrix the best return possible.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:18 pm
by PlacidDragon
Im not sure they accept Paypal. It goes through Digital River, and looks to be mainly credit card thats the accepted method of payment.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:18 pm
by Arnir
ORIGINAL: daniel123

what payment method give Matix the best return? Paypal / credit card type? etc. i want to give Matrix the best return possible.

Small unmarked bills are always best. I can send you the address if you like. [:D]

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:23 pm
by Marc von Martial
Sorry PayPal no as of yet. We´re looking into that though.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:24 pm
by rawink
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Sorry PayPal as of yet. We´re looking into that though.


don;t you mean NO paypal as of yet?

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:29 pm
by daniel123
great i will start putting the bills through the copier right away.

RE: Digital Download ?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:30 pm
by Arnir
Just make sure the copies are good. [:D]