Page 1 of 1
Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:08 pm
by IanLister
My download just terminated at 10%...Internet Explorer closed down due to a "problem". Can someone please explain how to restart it in nice simple language. Thanks in advance.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:17 pm
by Mr.Frag
If you were not running a resumable download utility, you'll have to just start at the beginning again.
I am loath to recommend any of these utilities because they are generally loaded with spyware and addware. DAP is probably the best well know, but again, note the warning of the extra stuff it piggy backs onto your machine.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:19 pm
by Belphegor
The later versions of IE have a built-in autoresume. Anything downloaded so far is residing in your cache, as long as you don't delete it and start the download again it should pick up where it left off.
Then again....
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:19 pm
by IanLister
Thanks..but how do I restart it? back to the order page? I've looked around but can't seem to find a way without paying for the game again!!!! It's probably me being dumb.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:26 pm
by Belphegor
Should be able to log back in to the DR site with your order number. Somehow.
I have never done it, so my help should be considered just my guess not in any way accurate...
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:26 pm
by Mr.Frag
Thanks..but how do I restart it? back to the order page? I've looked around but can't seem to find a way without paying for the game again!!!! It's probably me being dumb.
Yep, right back to the order page.
See the stickied thread up at the top on how to find your order page again.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:29 pm
by guv
i stop at 29 mb try to restart but it start at the begin what up
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:31 pm
by Erik Rutins
Gentlemen,
Please go to the store, click Help and ask for "help downloading". The serial number finder link in the Serial # thread I believe will also take you to the same place. It'll ask for your order info again and then let you re-download.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:31 pm
by 2Stepper
ORIGINAL: guv
i stop at 29 mb try to restart but it start at the begin what up
Check to make sure your internet explorer is updated. It has the auto resume feature in 6.0 I believe.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:32 pm
by Mr.Frag
i stop at 29 mb try to restart but it start at the begin what up
You are probably going to have to use something like DAP to be able to get it down.
http://www.speedbit.com/DAP7/Default.asp?
Just be aware that it has some not so polite features embedded in it that makes it virtually impossible to remove from your machine. I don't recommend it, but at your download speed you probably don't have a choice.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:33 pm
by guv
i did that but it take me 2hour to get to 29mb run 56k i can,t kept starting over from the begin
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:34 pm
by Mr.Frag
i did that but it take me 2hour to get to 29mb run 56k i can,t kept starting over from the begin
DAP is designed to pick up where it left off.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:35 pm
by IanLister
Thanks for advice. I got back to store, logged in and restarted download. It's an IE problem. It's going again, and I'm off to bed before it happens again........I'll just leave it to DL overnight.
Happy gaming, and big thanks to everyone who has played a part in the creation of this great product.
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:13 pm
by byron13
Help!!! I'm at work and all I can think about is where to move by carriers! Worse than that, the WitP background music keeps floating through my head!!!
If I can't stop thinking about it, I'll get fired. Can someone - maybe the Matrix support folks - help me?
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:31 pm
by Mr.Frag
If I can't stop thinking about it, I'll get fired. Can someone - maybe the Matrix support folks - help me?
Bah, you're not even hooked yet ... Hooked is when you wake up at 3am thinking about the PBEM you know will be in your Inbox waiting for you. [:'(]
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:08 pm
by IanLister
Be a teacher. Today I spent 2 hours watching 160 16 year olds doing an exam, and while supervising them I sat with a large sheet of paper and worked out whether I could initiate the Central Pacific thrust starting in the Marshalls in Sept 42, or whether it was too ambitious. The exam finished 5 minutes late when I realised the time!!!!![:-]
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:54 pm
by Adam Parker
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Gentlemen,
Please go to the store, click Help and ask for "help downloading". The serial number finder link in the Serial # thread I believe will also take you to the same place. It'll ask for your order info again and then let you re-download.
Regards,
- Erik
Erik FYI. My d'load just stopped at 202megs (44%). Using the procedure above and that mentioned in the help section let me re-download but only from the start. I'm using the latest IE.
I'll see what happens again but auto-resume does not appear to be working.
(Btw - I do hope I'm downloading v1.21 at this date).
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:59 pm
by scout1
Does Digital River support segmented downloads ? I have seen issues (for some reason) with using GetRight with 4 segments for UV patches. Makes things go more quickly, but has to be supported. Anyone know ?
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:22 pm
by pasternakski
I'm stuck in a rural backwater where 56k is all that's available. I used GetRight to download WitP and had no problems (other than taking more than a full day to get it done). My ISP automatically kicks you off the server after eight hours, so I had to resume twice. GetRight handled it without a hitch.
I have IE v. 6.0 and could not get it to resume after an interruption. I had invested 80 bucks and 8 hours in getting about a third of the game, and it wanted to start over from the beginning.
Of course, your experience may vary...
RE: Help!!!!!
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:26 pm
by Mr.Frag
Not sure how many they will allow, the danger is that you might get kicked off from overdoing it. As it is friday, you might be best with 1 so you know for sure you will be playing *this* weekend, not waiting for someone to reset your status on monday [;)]