Page 1 of 1

CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:28 pm
by Aelbric
I am experiencing a CTD when trying to select CV aircraft for missions. This occurs both at sea and in port. Unable to issue orders.
Happens every time.

LBA do not appear to be affected.

WinXP
1.5GB RAM
Athlon XP 1700
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:40 pm
by Mr.Frag
Have you done the wpc replace & the sound disable? If not, please do both and report if the problem is still happening please.

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:55 pm
by Black Cat
Had the same thing, a CTD when trying to change the DH of a US CV TF in the Tutorial.

Then, when I loaded the auto save I got a different, earlier Scen game start, when I tried to exit the Game it CTD, then on restart trying to play the full Campaign Scenario the Game locked up at Scenario start with a endless flashing message " Disbanding Human Task Forces ".

I removed the game and then re-instaled and it seems, hopefully, to work OK with the Campaign game. I think I`ll stay away from the tutorial for now................

Also my sound works fine with NO CTD`s in the other scenario`s.

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:10 pm
by Erik Rutins
Black Cat,

Did you try the recommended file backup / copy / replace that is recommended in other threads on this issue? From what I've seen, that resolves the tutorial issue (in some cases you need to restart the tutorial).

Regards,

- Erik

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:13 pm
by Mr.Frag
Yep, should have mentioned that point ... saves do not get updated so if you have saved before replacing the file, the save still have the old data in it.

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:20 pm
by jheydt
I just purchased and started tutorial as Allies without any problems. I did make a copy of the 6 file and renamed it 1. A question - What is a CTD? After some thought I guess thats a return to the desktop.
[&:]
John

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:22 pm
by daft
Crash To Desktop. When the game quits on you and you suddenly find yourself staring at your Windows (oe whatever OS you're using) desktop. [:)]

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:46 pm
by kaleun
Yep had the CTD in the tutorial.....
WHo needs the tutorial anyway?
[;)]
Just go for the whole enchilada[:D]

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:55 pm
by ZOOMIE1980
ORIGINAL: daft

Crash To Desktop. When the game quits on you and you suddenly find yourself staring at your Windows (oe whatever OS you're using) desktop. [:)]

What other OS could one possibly be running and attempting to load WitP? I wasn't aware it was available in a MAC OSX or Linux Gtk or QT version??

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:28 pm
by daft
That is very true. Never thought of that. [:o][8D]

RE: CTD - Tutorial, US, CV AC Selection

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:53 am
by Aelbric
Update: replaced the files as recommended in another thread. Started a new tutorial game as the Allies. First turn task force creation and AC assignment seems to work as expected. After the first turn though, the CTD returns.

Incidentally, this does NOT occur on my P3 notebook: Win2K, 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobility.

I'll continue to develop test cases. To be continued.....

Edit note: The sound card on both systems is the integrated Creative chipset. Will identify when I can.