Page 1 of 2

My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:30 am
by Tanaka
Production and Resource requires too much number crunching!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Each base should automatically tell us what any changes to production would require at each base that we tinker with. Oh my gosh this would save so many headaches!!!!

Nagasaki:

Expand A6M2's by 100 = 10000 more supply will be needed at this base
100 more nakajima engines will be need to be produced at Tokyo requiring 100000 more supply at Tokyo
100000 more heavy industry will be needed.


This way you know exactly what to do, what you need, and where you need it.


We so need something like this!!!!

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:44 am
by Caltone
I 100% agree. Sorry Tanaka, didn't read your post before I started a similar thread on this. This would be a great help.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:01 am
by Steely Glint
I'd like to third this.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:26 pm
by ltfightr
All in favor say Aye

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:27 pm
by ltfightr
The ayes have it!

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:53 pm
by wodin
Things like this, are whats stopping me from buying the game.


I havent the time to devout to it. If it mainly centered on combat then fair enough. To spend 1 hour plus on one turn would mean I would need to be a hermit.

Well really my Wife would go mental.[;)]

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:58 pm
by Mr.Frag
You guys are reading more into it and confusing yourselves. [:D]

Production is not as complicated as you think, but you are just trying to absorb too much at once and mixing many things together. [;)]

Expanding anything costs a fixed amount of 10 Heavy Industry, 10 Manpower and 100 supplies per point expanded.

Repairing anything costs a fixed amount of 1000 supply per turn.

Note all the nice easy base 10 numbers for simple math. [;)]

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:39 pm
by DoomedMantis
Once I setup my first turn, each turn takes around 15 minutes to do after that

Also production can be left to run itself pretty much, especially at the start. There are only really three things that I do, is change some of the production on some of the planes that I dont like, or are old, increase some armament production as I intend to attack in China, and increase the production of the fighter engines (cant remember the name off the top of my head) by around 100.

Also remember the Allies dont have to worry about production

There are also several scenarios that dont have any production in them

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:43 pm
by Nikademus
I've yet to even mess with production.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:42 am
by gunnergoz
They have production in this game? [:D][X(][:D]

Actually, it's more of a career than a game, it seems to me...[&o]

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:44 am
by Steely Glint
ORIGINAL: DoomedMantis

Also remember the Allies dont have to worry about production

Could you elaborate on this?

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:55 am
by DoomedMantis
The Allies cannot affect what is being built, and most of the production is actually off map production.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:39 pm
by byron13
Okay, since I don't like starting threads, I'll ask this question here. What can I expect in the way of supply problems in Australia? I've been trying to hump as much fuel and supply from Indonesia as I can, but I'm probably losing a lot to spoilation. After that source of supply is gone, it doesn't look like Australia creates nearly enough oil and resources to support itself. I see that northern Australia is theoretically supplied - or can be supplied - from Karachi via Auto Convoy. But if Australia can't support its own supply needs, can I expect to have to be shipping candy bars to Australia for the entire rest of the war? If so - Ugh. (nothing against our brave Ozzie breathren). Auto Convoy would not seem to be the answer, as I would guess it will route the ships right through the Marshal Islands held by the Japanese.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:16 pm
by hithere
ORIGINAL: byron13

Okay, since I don't like starting threads, I'll ask this question here. What can I expect in the way of supply problems in Australia? I've been trying to hump as much fuel and supply from Indonesia as I can, but I'm probably losing a lot to spoilation. After that source of supply is gone, it doesn't look like Australia creates nearly enough oil and resources to support itself. I see that northern Australia is theoretically supplied - or can be supplied - from Karachi via Auto Convoy. But if Australia can't support its own supply needs, can I expect to have to be shipping candy bars to Australia for the entire rest of the war? If so - Ugh. (nothing against our brave Ozzie breathren). Auto Convoy would not seem to be the answer, as I would guess it will route the ships right through the Marshal Islands held by the Japanese.



I was just talking to ghostrider about that...any auto convoy from San Fran to aus. routes right next to tarwa. that is bad. i've found that i don't even use the auto convoy and have basically turned it off. i have just been useing a hub/spoke system. I'm no expert on this game but another post by Mr.Frag who is, said that Australia basically has enough resources but not enough oil.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:26 pm
by rawink
I have noticed that my auto convoys DO route through rough waters.. BUT, once they get close to enemy waters, they re-route south and around trouble

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:07 pm
by byron13
Hmmm. Interesting. I might have to ask for a volunteer to take a rust bucket on an auto convoy trip to Australia. I have notice that in one case it actually had the convoy stop to refuel on its way to the destination. So maybe it is smart enough to reroute.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:17 pm
by Mr.Frag
ORIGINAL: rawink

I have noticed that my auto convoys DO route through rough waters.. BUT, once they get close to enemy waters, they re-route south and around trouble


See that little Air Bal value over enemy bases?

It uses that to judge where to steer clear of. It is not 100% perfect just like real life, but it should avoid high concentrations of air power.

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:35 am
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

You guys are reading more into it and confusing yourselves. [:D]

Production is not as complicated as you think, but you are just trying to absorb too much at once and mixing many things together. [;)]

Expanding anything costs a fixed amount of 10 Heavy Industry, 10 Manpower and 100 supplies per point expanded.

Repairing anything costs a fixed amount of 1000 supply per turn.

Note all the nice easy base 10 numbers for simple math. [;)]

Its not the expanding and repairing that's the hard part its keeping up with how much oil and resource needs to be at each base to keep them running manpower, heavy industry, aircraft production, etc., etc....changing one thing changes another....etc, etc.....

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:15 pm
by Lemurs!
Also I have trouble telling if my HI is actually running as Japan. I cannot find anywhere that tells me "such and such HI did not receive enough resources today".

Am i missing something?

Mike

RE: My #1 wish for this game!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:40 pm
by Mr.Frag
Yes, you are missing the point that there is a stockpile that will run you for about 190 days so youn don't even have to look at it [:D]