Page 1 of 1

Transporting Air Groups

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:54 am
by Ironman664
I'm trying to transport air groups from the west coast to PH... The manual says to use AK's in moving them... But for some reason I can't seem to load them onto the ships... Any help will be great... [8D]

RE: Transporting Air Groups

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:59 am
by 2Stepper
ORIGINAL: Ironman664

I'm trying to transport air groups from the west coast to PH... The manual says to use AK's in moving them... But for some reason I can't seem to load them onto the ships... Any help will be great... [8D]

Actually it should just be as simple as loading them as troops. That's all you need to do. Setup a regular transport TF. Set it to load troops. In the list of units, you should see flying units along with ground forces. Just select the flying unit you want to load and you're off.

I DID notice one oddity with that however. After loading up the unit, I was going to send with the TF a bunch of supplies on the other AK's. The supply loaded was minimal, and in the TF window only one AK seemed to be loaded with planes. That abstracted I wonder? Cause one would think if they all fit on one ship, then the rest would load up with supplies like they do when you load up LCU's. Just a thought...

RE: Transporting Air Groups

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:07 am
by DoomedMantis
Those airgroups proabaly have West Coast as there HQ which is a restricted HQ.

RE: Transporting Air Groups

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:20 am
by Hard Sarge
ORIGINAL: 2Stepper
ORIGINAL: Ironman664

I'm trying to transport air groups from the west coast to PH... The manual says to use AK's in moving them... But for some reason I can't seem to load them onto the ships... Any help will be great... [8D]


I DID notice one oddity with that however. After loading up the unit, I was going to send with the TF a bunch of supplies on the other AK's. The supply loaded was minimal, and in the TF window only one AK seemed to be loaded with planes. That abstracted I wonder? Cause one would think if they all fit on one ship, then the rest would load up with supplies like they do when you load up LCU's. Just a thought...

don't know about the supply part, but only takes 1 AK to load a air group, guess they put them into little bidy boxes and stack them real high

HARD_Sarge