Page 1 of 1

Hey..this is fun

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:36 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Gents;

Great game! The map editor is a blast too [8D]. In about 1 1/2 Earth hours I completed about half of a 10 x 7.5 km Guadalcanal map (Lunga, Henderson and Bloody Ridge etc. etc)...despite accidentally putting a freakin' dike terrain feature in by mistake and starting over [:@]

I had to use "heavy woods" for jungle and "orchard" for cocconut groves...but hey.

It looks like mobility parameters for various terrain features are user-modfiable? If so, I might be able to inject some steroids into the "woods" terrain to make them more difficult to transit.

One suggestion though...as the "undo" button only works about 4 items deep...some kind of option to paint "clear" terrain should be available...to erase mistakes. This may already exist..but haven't found it.

Next stop...battle for Hong Kong...and the Malay peninsula battles..Battle for Palembang...Java...maybe even the Kokoda Track [:D]

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:20 pm
by Golf33
You can select and delete any object on your map - choose the tool that looks like a normal mouse pointer, select the layer that the object you want to delete belongs to, and click on it. It will turn into an outline with the various control/corner points visible, press Delete to get rid of it, drag it with the mouse to move the whole object, or select and move or delete individual control/corner points to edit the outline.

Regards
33

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:27 pm
by Cap Mandrake
I'll try that...thanks.

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:39 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Golf and the other Panthers;

Can you expound on the export/import of the Estabs file to the clipboard? How is it modified once exported? Right now, I am using the MG Estab file and making modifications. This works OK for USMC, because the weapons are common to US Airborne units (largely)..but of course, doesn't work well for Japanese units [8D]

It would be nice to be able to change counter color too [:D]

Nice work on the vector map draw tools. One suggestion..perhaps a fatter line option for minor rivers to accomodate wide but shallow and fordable streams.

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:48 pm
by Golf33
Once you've exported the force data to the clipboard, open Excel or a similar spreadsheet program, and paste the data in. You can then edit the values, and when you're finished, copy the whole thing back into the clipboard, switch to the ScenMaker, and select Import.

You might also want to check the HTTR Downloads page - there's a small utility there for Excel that automates some of the procedures for doing this stuff. Make sure to read the readme since installation is not self-explanatory.

Regards
33

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:49 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Golf33;

K..thx..I'll try that utility

Image

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:32 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Utility mentioned not on the HTTR/Matrix downloads page

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:37 pm
by Skyfire7631
I think Golf33 is talking about the last download link at the Depot : http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/DropZone ... depot.html

Hope this helps.

Regards.

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:43 pm
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Skyfire76

I think Golf33 is talking about the last download link at the Depot : http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/DropZone ... depot.html

Hope this helps.

Regards.

I suspect you are right....the "Force Generator Utility"..unless this was cross-posted from a Star Trek website or something.

But I'm not sure I know what the required "analysis toolpack" is.



Merci, mon ami.

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:30 pm
by Golf33
http://www.highwaytothereich.com/downloads.asp

Scroll down and look for the "Scenario Maker Excel addin".

The utility on The Drop Zone is a little out of date - it was based on the 'Analysis Toolpak' which is like an extra bit that ships with Excel but doesn't normally get installed. It contains some randomisation functions that I used in the old version.

The Scenario Maker Excel addin is a bit better as it carries all the required randomisation code inside it, so it doesn't require the Analysis Toolpak. It also has an actual user interface which makes it very friendly to use.

Regards
33

RE: Hey..this is fun

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:04 am
by Cap Mandrake
Great...I'll take a look