Page 1 of 1
New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:20 am
by DamoclesX
Here is the latests batch, as you might have noticed the site is down, last night the powersupply fryed for some reason, and it took out the hdd and vid card in my server also. I spent 5 hours today rebuilding the powersupply from spare parts(no stores in town had any for christs sake) and I got a new hdd and vid card
It should be back up late tommorrow, I have to rebuild everything, since the backups were on that hdd!!! I"m putting in another hdd so it backs up to that one in case it happens again.
Also, regestiration will not be required for anything other then posting(just so we know who is asking what) and its gonna stay that way until we get really close to the release
from now, here are the screens, more are located here.
http://members.shaw.ca/DamoclesX/B5/FullSized/july9/
Milo has some great effects, as systems are damaged they shoot out plums of flames or smoke depending on the settings, it looks really impressive
The two main narn weaknesses have been picked at slow clunky moving ships, and weak system protection, their hull factor is 0.6 and they have larger hit areas
a few good shots to the bridge can disable a gquon for a good 30-40 seconds, its going to be a main play factor, of course to get that shot you need to be head on:)
Energy mines, a special narn weapon, each shot burts into 6 mines, the gquon has 2 launchers,
they swarm in the direction of their target and explode, since the narns have lower system protection a lucky shot can take out several systems

RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:36 am
by TheDeadlyShoe
Awesome.
Curious: Are you using the flight control computer for the bridge? And how fast do hulls drop?
-----------
powersupply: Yeah, that sucks. I swear, I lose more $ to powersupplies than anything else. Nowadays I spring for the expensive ones. The cheap ones that come with cases are just too unreliable.
RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:05 am
by Rytal
Nice job!!!![;)]
RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:54 pm
by DamoclesX
hulls are stronger then milos ships, you can get a lot closer, most ships have at least some weapon coverage on all angles
a 1 on 1 in the same class can last 7 min or more, or has for me, mismatches depends on the class, a bintak and a karith will be over in a few shots lol
to give an idea
G'Quon
Weapons
#..............Fore...........................Damage
2.............. Heavy Laser...............150000
6.............. Light Pulse..................10000
8.............. Twin Array AC........... 5000
2.............. Energy Mine.............. 12000
Mass........ Integ........ Vlimit....... Transxyz.. Roll.......... Drag
1.80E+07.. 2.00E+07.. 140.......... 2.00E+08.. 3.............. 1.4
RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:34 pm
by Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: TheDeadlyShoe
powersupply: Yeah, that sucks. I swear, I lose more $ to powersupplies than anything else. Nowadays I spring for the expensive ones. The cheap ones that come with cases are just too unreliable.
What is this all talk about failing power supplies and hard disk drives? My father has had 386 PC in active use about 10 years now and still is without any such problems! My PC is from year 1997 and still has the original HDD and power supply operational through intense almost every day use. Am I lucky or are you unlucky or are you just buying cheap ö-rated stuff? (ö is last in alphabetical order so you can guess with
ö rated I mean most crappiest and most unreliable junk)
RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:16 pm
by Skum
No reply to my mails, Damo... you still up for the offer?

RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:19 pm
by whammo11224
Good looking stuff!
Thanks
RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:59 pm
by TheDeadlyShoe
Some of them just plain out fail, Matti. Sometimes they stop giving enough power to power everything (which has some weird but recognizable symptoms), sometimes they fry your board and all its accessories. Some work just fine. Luck of the draw.
RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:32 am
by neveS
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: TheDeadlyShoe
powersupply: Yeah, that sucks. I swear, I lose more $ to powersupplies than anything else. Nowadays I spring for the expensive ones. The cheap ones that come with cases are just too unreliable.
What is this all talk about failing power supplies and hard disk drives? My father has had 386 PC in active use about 10 years now and still is without any such problems! My PC is from year 1997 and still has the original HDD and power supply operational through intense almost every day use. Am I lucky or are you unlucky or are you just buying cheap ö-rated stuff? (ö is last in alphabetical order so you can guess with
ö rated I mean most crappiest and most unreliable junk)
I've had two power supplies fail and both were a result of the fans getting clogged with dust and overheating. (i should vacuum my carpet more) Now I try inspect the fans every few months and take a vacuum cleaner hose to the air inlet every few months. My old AMD DX4- 100 cpu failed for the same reason... the cpu fan got clogged and it burnt itself up. Nowadays ive got cpu fan monitors which should prevent. Finally with regards to hard drives, ive had one spindle motor fail. This was a 3 year old drive and it bit the dust back in 97. The most likely cause was due to brown outs. I was living in an area where the power was CONSTANTLY dimming. Speaking with a few pc techs confirmed that brown outs and surges can wreak havoc on hard drives. (tip: Buy yourself a good UPS (uninteruptable power supply) I was devastated by the loss of data for which I had not backed up. (tip: back up often) Lesson learned the hard way... I now backup critical data to cdrom at least once a month. Better to lose a month of data than many years worth.
-Seven
RE: New B5 Screens
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:49 pm
by DamoclesX
ya
but its all fixed now and I have a raid setup on the server, so we wont be losing any information anymore
thankfully I have the rest of the week off too, so I can probably pound 2 or maby 3 ships out a day and get the rest of the narns done, now that I have an easy balance system setup its all good
If you want
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:52 am
by Sky_walker
If you want i can help you with translation of B5 page to Polish
Contact me on my mailbox
Sky_walker
RE: If you want
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:18 am
by Kuokkanen
I can't see a thing in forum section and feedback don't work either. Older version of site worked whole lot better to me at least. Anyways DamoclesX wanted some ideas and I have them
If you can link jump gates (farcasters) between systems, it would be cool to have single mission where systems are crowded by space stations, starships, shuttles etc. And planets have cities, starports, military bases etc. That 'mission' would work as tour across Babylon 5 universe but it would also be main structure for other custom made missions: no need to set up cities and stuff when they are already there, just make up fighting starships and events.
RE: If you want
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:33 pm
by DamoclesX
the forums went down cause we tryed to make them link into a new window using a new forum system, it crashed beyond belife