Page 1 of 3

Steel Panthers World At War Manual for v5.0 Now Available for Download

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 7:23 am
by David Heath
Well Guys

The CD is off to get printed and then to our warehouse. So I wanted to give everyone a chance to read the manual a little early. So I posted the v5.0 Manual online now. Brent Richards, Kevin Greer and Paul Vebber really worked there butts off to improve this version. I will also be updating the features page on SPWAW web site listing what got to make it into the new version.

If you like to read the manual early go to
ftp://ftp2.matrixgames.com/pub/steelpan ... ual-v5.zip

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 7:43 am
by rfox
Thanks, David! You guys are the best! :)

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 7:46 am
by sg
Just downloaded Ver 5 manual and tried to open using WinZip7 and got an error saying it was an invalid archive. I deleted the file and re-downloaded it (ahh, the wonders of the cable modem) and got the same error. File size is 11,029 kb after download. Problem on your end or mine? :confused:
Thanks, Steve.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 7:47 am
by sg
Just downloaded Ver 5 manual and tried to open using WinZip7 and got an error saying it was an invalid archive. I deleted the file and re-downloaded it (ahh, the wonders of the cable modem) and got the same error. File size is 11,029 kb after download. Problem on your end or mine? :confused:
Thanks, Steve.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:01 am
by Paul Vebber
You guys are too fast - looks like the file took a hit in upload - we are trying it again... Sorry about that!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:10 am
by sg
No problem. Let us know when the corrected file is available and us guinea pigs will be glad to test it out for ya. Nothin else to do these days except waiting by the mailbox for the MC to arrive. Figured reading through the manual would hold me over till it came. ;)

Thanks, Steve.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:15 am
by Paul Vebber
OK Guys optested sat! Try it again and it should work!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:21 am
by sg
Thanks Paul, worked like a champ! Now if you'll excuse me I've got some readin to do! :cool:

Steve.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:22 am
by Tortfeasor
David Heath the addres do not work from here (Finland) is there something missing from the thread ???????
Originally posted by David Heath:
Well Guys

If you like to read the manual early go to
ftp://ftp2.matrixgames.com/pub/steelpan ... ual-v5.zip

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:36 am
by Colonel von Blitz
Originally posted by Tortfeasor:
David Heath the addres do not work from here (Finland) is there something missing from the thread ???????
Originally posted by David Heath:
[qb]Well Guys

If you like to read the manual early go to
ftp://ftp2.matrixgames.com/pub/steelpan ... ual-v5.zip
[/QB]
I just downloaded the manual from that same URL mentioned above. And no problems, even though I'm from Finland too... :)

Colonel von Blitz

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:40 am
by AJVa
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tortfeasor:
[QB]David Heath the addres do not work from here (Finland) is there something missing from the thread ???????

Works for me.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 11:59 am
by Mikimoto
Hello.

I just downloaded the manual. Same url. It has worked fine. I have cable connection.

Thanks and saludos. :D

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:16 pm
by Loki
Ok, I am old school when it comes to gaming, but will you guys ever sell a printed copy of the manual. They look better and are much easier to use in the heat of battle than a printed out version.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:21 pm
by Tortfeasor
I did trye to load it from my workplase, then the problem must be at this companys net, ABB:s were I am working.
Thank`s for the quick response.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:26 pm
by Cirrus
Downloaded it and reading. Thanks Matrix

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 2:02 pm
by nimu
WHAT'S GOIN ON???????????????IT KEEPS ME SAYING the server is busy!!!!!I CAN'T WAIT NO LONGER!!!!LET ME IN IN THE SERVER!!!GO OUT OF IT!!!!!I NEED THE MANUAL!!!!!

This game is becomming a drug!!!!

Anyway thanks a lot for the manual(hoping i could read it in the next hours!!)

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 2:11 pm
by nimu
What???Now it tells me:"the file was not found on the server" and it gives me 4 opportunities(i'm using get right program):1-remove from list,2-change URL;3-browse ftp server;4-open source web pages.What shall i do?

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:09 pm
by Voriax
Originally posted by Urquhart:
What???Now it tells me:"the file was not found on the server" and it gives me 4 opportunities(i'm using get right program):1-remove from list,2-change URL;3-browse ftp server;4-open source web pages.What shall i do?
Downloading it as I write this..so works fine. So just try again or perhaps your internet provider has some firewall or had some problems that prevented downloading.

Voriax

ps. if you have GetRight, you also have a browser parasite program..see: http://www.infoforce.qc.ca/spyware/

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:50 pm
by nimu
thanks Voriax!Now it works fine.I'm goona read it right now.
BYE

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:55 pm
by Resisti
Anybody has a clue on how big is this download ?