Page 1 of 1

Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:29 am
by Brady
???







Image

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:30 am
by Jack Shelak
Soviet I-16?

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:31 am
by Fallschirmjager
Yep. I just shot down 4 of those in IL-2

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:42 am
by Jack Shelak
At least they were better than the bi-plane I-15s (ouch!).

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:43 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Yep. I just shot down 4 of those in IL-2

Tough little buggers, what? I love flying the 109. D or G2.

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:52 am
by Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Yep. I just shot down 4 of those in IL-2

Tough little buggers, what? I love flying the 109. D or G2.

Finnish B-229
I got on close and above them and put short burst into the cockpit of two of them. Shread a wing off the third and finished off a 4th that was leaking flue and hydrolic fluid.
It Oct 1942 in my campaign and I have 65 kills [8|]
Pretty easy game.

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:52 am
by donkuchi19
Looks like an I-16 to me too.

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:55 am
by Tankerace
My fav. plane in IL-2 is the P40-E. Gimme one of those babies and I'll knock down some 109s. (Or if latest FB patch, A6M5s).

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:36 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Yep. I just shot down 4 of those in IL-2

Tough little buggers, what? I love flying the 109. D or G2.

Finnish B-229
I got on close and above them and put short burst into the cockpit of two of them. Shread a wing off the third and finished off a 4th that was leaking flue and hydrolic fluid.
It Oct 1942 in my campaign and I have 65 kills [8|]
Pretty easy game.

How many times have you died? I find to live you have to totally disobey orders as the missions are really dumb and implausable half the time. The snipers in the bomber guns are a bit much too. AA is the worst. Hope they get a grip or Pacific Aces will be impossible. Dogfighting at 10,000 feet and ya get killed by a ships automatic weapons in IL2...US flak will be deadly.

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:38 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Tankerace

My fav. plane in IL-2 is the P40-E. Gimme one of those babies and I'll knock down some 109s. (Or if latest FB patch, A6M5s).

Serious stall pig. The reengined version real fun though. P 39 is fun too, but I wonder if the flight model is seriously flawed. I rarely get into a spin, and when I do, no problem to pull out.

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:39 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Jack Shelak

At least they were better than the bi-plane I-15s (ouch!).

They are soooooooooooo maneuverable![:D]

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:52 am
by Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker



Tough little buggers, what? I love flying the 109. D or G2.

Finnish B-229
I got on close and above them and put short burst into the cockpit of two of them. Shread a wing off the third and finished off a 4th that was leaking flue and hydrolic fluid.
It Oct 1942 in my campaign and I have 65 kills [8|]
Pretty easy game.

How many times have you died? I find to live you have to totally disobey orders as the missions are really dumb and implausable half the time. The snipers in the bomber guns are a bit much too. AA is the worst. Hope they get a grip or Pacific Aces will be impossible. Dogfighting at 10,000 feet and ya get killed by a ships automatic weapons in IL2...US flak will be deadly.

Ive died dozens of times. But never air to air. Always flak or stalling out and cant recover.

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:19 am
by Subchaser
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager



Finnish B-229
I got on close and above them and put short burst into the cockpit of two of them. Shread a wing off the third and finished off a 4th that was leaking flue and hydrolic fluid.
It Oct 1942 in my campaign and I have 65 kills [8|]
Pretty easy game.

How many times have you died? I find to live you have to totally disobey orders as the missions are really dumb and implausable half the time. The snipers in the bomber guns are a bit much too. AA is the worst. Hope they get a grip or Pacific Aces will be impossible. Dogfighting at 10,000 feet and ya get killed by a ships automatic weapons in IL2...US flak will be deadly.

Ive died dozens of times. But never air to air. Always flak or stalling out and cant recover.

lol It’s fun to kick AI ass, computer aces die like flies… [;)] I also thought that I’m damn good before my first on-line sortie… it took almost 6 months of on-line flying on VEF to reach that “above average” status… and I can tell you that was very hard task.

You kill dozens of AI-controlled ratas, you bring them down in the most elegant manner… then you go on-line, meet a couple of ratas with somewhat experienced vir.pilots on controls and then… yeah there is a chance to disengage and save your ass using 109’s superior speed, but you ignore this opportunity, you think you’re good and you’re trying to… bring them down fast…at least one no matter how… to damage one of them…and then finally you watch your colorfully painted 109 goes down in spin burning… what a pity misfortune! There was a sheer difference between this dogfight and your previous experience with sucking AI, human pilots did not try to outclimb and outstrip you, or to do anything what rata can’t do, instead they were turning into you when you were zooming on them, they were forcing you to bleed energy in order to caught them, and every time you saw one of them in sight, the other one was always behind you. Next time you don’t go to this casino alone, if there is no chance to bounce them…you need a wingman, you need a good wingman who can go after you and keep your ass in safety… typical start of on-line career.

Not to spoil you fun, but AI in IL-2 is still very very weak, hope it will be dramatically improved in Pacific Fighters, but even they will manage to do so, I recommend to test your skills on-line. This is truly amazing experience!

RE: Name This...(125)

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:47 pm
by Brady
I-16, it is[:)]


.........................


I would agree with Subchaser, that the AI in IL-2 is week at best, and online can be totaly different, I have had a lot of fun flying in Il-2 online live aganst folks and the combat is totaly different, though I have literly years of online flight experance in AH and other sims the feal of the planes in Il-2 is truly amasing, they are so beautifuly done that it is distracting[:)]