Page 1 of 1

Anyone found a use for AV Langley

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:36 am
by Ghostrider
So far I have found I cannot load aircraft on it, which is what I thought an AV was used for. Also historically that was it was used for, until she met her untimely end off Java. There is not even an option button for transport. So is she just a large moving target for Bettys/Sallys/Anns/Lillys/Vals? I

RE: Anyone found a use for AV Langley

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:40 am
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

So far I have found I cannot load aircraft on it, which is what I thought an AV was used for. Also historically that was it was used for, until she met her untimely end off Java. There is not even an option button for transport. So is she just a large moving target for Bettys/Sallys/Anns/Lillys/Vals? I


I think AV's can only carry floatplanes.

RE: Anyone found a use for AV Langley

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:43 am
by TIMJOT
AVs are mainly for seaplane support. They have the aviation support built into them so you can park the ship in any port/dot hex and operate seaplanes from there.

I do definitely agree that the Langley should be allowed to ferry aircraft and have stated as much on this forum several times but so far the designers do not seem to deem it worthy enough issue. I also think IJN CS should be able to ferry a/c as well.

RE: Anyone found a use for AV Langley

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:45 am
by TIMJOT
ORIGINAL: Tanaka


I think AV's can only carry floatplanes
.

USN AVs cant even do that even though the Langley could and sometimes did carry seaplanes I do not believe it ever had a dedicated unit assigned to it.

RE: Anyone found a use for AV Langley

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:01 am
by Larz6235
Yes. Dock it or Diband it in a port and you Aviation support will increase. It will have a number like 100+18. The +18 is for the AV support. Allows more aircraft to be used from the base.

You could also, use it as a forward observer base. Dump some supplies on a beach dock a AV there, base some Cat's there and wah la. Insta-Base for searching

However, be careful that the AV doesn't get sunk. Keep an eye on enemy activity in the area.

RE: Anyone found a use for AV Langley

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:41 am
by Ron Saueracker
Makes a nice dive wreck. Lots of holes to wiggle through.[:)]

RE: Anyone found a use for AV Langley

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:51 am
by rroberson
it mostly sinks