Page 1 of 1

Weapons Loadout

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:08 pm
by CSCOTR
Is it posible durring initial deployment of your tanks to specify HE, HEAT,APCR or smoke rounds to carry? I use the Ram II wich has a smoke discharger and is capable of using HE rounds.How can I equip them with specific ammo in VEr. 4.5? Thanks.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:13 pm
by Paul Vebber
Only by editing teh unit in the scenario editor. What to do is set up the game and after starting, before you do anything save the game in a save slot. Then either open it in Freds file editor and change the load outs (the easier way I think) You can also do it in teh game editor if you change teh file suffix to a scenario type and move it to the scen folder. Its more tedious that way.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:57 pm
by john g
Originally posted by CSCOTR:
Is it posible durring initial deployment of your tanks to specify HE, HEAT,APCR or smoke rounds to carry? I use the Ram II wich has a smoke discharger and is capable of using HE rounds.How can I equip them with specific ammo in VEr. 4.5? Thanks.
I guess you are one of the players that wants to micromanage the game, even to the point of deciding between ap and apcr for each shot?

Each vehicle should come with an appropriate somewhat historical combat load of ammo. I don't see a battalion commander inspecting each vehicle before a battle and ordering changes to the ammo load.

I leave that sort of decision to the the ai, my job is to take the force to victory, not aim the gun and pick the proper round to shoot out of it.

That could be why I like this game and dislike games like Combat Mission and Close Combat, this is more like leading a unit not driving a tank.
thanks, John.