Page 1 of 1

Possible bug/corrupted download?

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:18 pm
by DzrtFox
Hey guys,
This weekend I was playing on the "Heroes of the Motherland" campaign (I think that's the name of it, it's the Russian armor campaign). I'm on scenario six or seven about 10-15 turns in, when all of a sudden the game crashes to the desktop. No error message or anything, just BAM, and I'm looking at the desktop in 800x600 (not my usual resolution). So I reboot and reload my autosave, and it's some old game I was playing a long time ago. Do campaign games not autosave? This only happened once, but it just sucked because I was an hour or two into the game and doing really well and now I have to start the whole scenario over.

Has anyone else had this problem?

(DzrtFox, I renamed your thread to help pin down the source of the problems--please bear with me--Glenn "KG Erwin")

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:23 pm
by Huffy
yes...there have been numerous posts about the same problem....from what I am gathering it my be a corupted download from one of the sites...They are still trying to figure it out.
Huffy

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:31 pm
by KG Erwin
DzrtFox, which mirror did you d/l the game from?

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:49 pm
by DzrtFox
I can't remember 100% which mirror I used. I am fairly certain I downloaded it from FilePlanet. The reason I can't remember is because I remember trying several times to get it from WorthPlaying and the download kept quitting on me....

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:01 pm
by KG Erwin
Ok, has anyone else had any problems with the FilePlanet download?

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:44 pm
by rbrunsman
I'm having crashes and I think I got the files from Worthplaying.

rb

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:23 pm
by Hexed Gamer
Rather than wonder which site is having trouble, why not ax the lot and resend the whole lot a new file?

Surely it is no major burden to just ship the sites a n ew file so that you won't have to wonder which one is broken.

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:58 pm
by DzrtFox
Out of curiosity, does the problem seem isolated to this specific campaign I'm playing, or is it a general game issue? I'm only asking because I started a new long WW2 campaign and I really don't want the same thing to happen again. I'm going to wait to continue it until this is ironed out if it is a game issue...

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:14 am
by Lifer
Hi All,
I've tried this site twice because it allows resumable downloads and got an error unzipping both times. The unzipped file is 429 megs but doesn't install correctly.

ftp://ftp.avault.com/demos/steel_panthers_waw_v820.zip

Lifer

RE: Possible bug?

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:25 am
by Goblin
ORIGINAL: DzrtFox

Out of curiosity, does the problem seem isolated to this specific campaign I'm playing, or is it a general game issue? I'm only asking because I started a new long WW2 campaign and I really don't want the same thing to happen again. I'm going to wait to continue it until this is ironed out if it is a game issue...


I have gotten crashes in a couple different Campaigns now, plus scenarios.


Goblin