Page 1 of 1

Instructions for New Ships Art

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:23 pm
by Buck Beach
Where do the thumb files go that are in the new ship files?

RE: Instructions for New Ships Art

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:39 pm
by Mr.Frag
look in the directories under \ART

You'll see whats what ... theres one for classes, there is one for side view and one for blanking the side view.

RE: Instructions for New Ships Art

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:18 pm
by Buck Beach
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

look in the directories under \ART

You'll see whats what ... theres one for classes, there is one for side view and one for blanking the side view.

Excuse me for not following correctly. but I still do not understand. I can find no previous thumb file in those files to replace. they have only bmp files.

RE: Instructions for New Ships Art

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:32 pm
by tanjman
ORIGINAL: Buck Beach
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

look in the directories under \ART

You'll see whats what ... theres one for classes, there is one for side view and one for blanking the side view.

Excuse me for not following correctly. but I still do not understand. I can find no previous thumb file in those files to replace. they have only bmp files.

All of the WitP art uses the .bmp format. Where did you get the new ship files? Are you talking about the database file called Thumbs included in Tankeraces ship art mods? If so it is not needed for the mods to work. I think he uses it to organize his mods and included it by mistake.

RE: Instructions for New Ships Art

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:58 am
by Buck Beach
ORIGINAL: tanjman
ORIGINAL: Buck Beach
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

look in the directories under \ART

You'll see whats what ... theres one for classes, there is one for side view and one for blanking the side view.

Excuse me for not following correctly. but I still do not understand. I can find no previous thumb file in those files to replace. they have only bmp files.

All of the WitP art uses the .bmp format. Where did you get the new ship files? Are you talking about the database file called Thumbs included in Tankeraces ship art mods? If so it is not needed for the mods to work. I think he uses it to organize his mods and included it by mistake.

Thanks Tanjman.

RE: Instructions for New Ships Art

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:29 pm
by Mr.Frag
The Thumbs.db is a Windows XP function, has nothing to do with the game. You can adjust the defaults for the directory to actually show the artwork in the files instead of little icons.