Page 1 of 2
New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:37 pm
by siRkid
The new patch whill have some changes to the OOB and other items. These changes should not affect your current PBEM games, but if you are thinking of starting a new PBEM game I would wait until the patch is out so you can take advantage of the OOB changes.
Kid
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:40 pm
by Rendova
I am guessing this would also go for play vs the AI I had a scen 15 game going but I stopped due to probably having to restart after a patch
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:44 pm
by siRkid
ORIGINAL: Rendova
I am guessing this would also go for play vs the AI I had a scen 15 game going but I stopped due to probably having to restart after a patch
I would wait for the patch or even start over if your not too far along.
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:47 pm
by pry
ORIGINAL: Kid
The new patch whill have some changes to the OOB and other items. These changes should not affect your current PBEM games, but if you are thinking of starting a new PBEM game I would wait until the patch is out so you can take advantage of the OOB changes.
Kid
Kid one of the OOB changes is the fix for the dissapearing Task Forces while traveling thru certain base hexes, folks will have to restart games for this to take effect.
This is the list of bases covered by this 377 - Haichow, 436 - Kompong Chhnang, 467 - Mannargudi, 469 - Yanam, 537 - Madioen, 539 - Malang, 622 - Tuguegarao, 712 - Dobodura
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:59 pm
by Rendova
thanks
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:32 pm
by hithere
Does this mean the patch is imminent? ie; today?
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:37 pm
by esteban
Considering that today is a Saturday, probably not. But it sounds like next week is doable.
Thanks for the patch update!!
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:45 pm
by 2Stepper
Oh come now! Pish-posh! Dedicated grogs work through all manner of time and weather and... and... well, nevermind. LOL! [:D]
Not worried about time... Have a very playable game here with little to no issues noted. I'll patch and adjust games etc when the bugger is available. [8D]
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:49 pm
by Banquet
Bear in mind the sound patch has been coming out 'next week' for the last 3 weeks [:D]
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:09 pm
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Kid
The new patch whill have some changes to the OOB and other items. These changes should not affect your current PBEM games, but if you are thinking of starting a new PBEM game I would wait until the patch is out so you can take advantage of the OOB changes.
Kid
Will this affect any turn 1 saves??? In other words if we have saved our first moved plans against the AI are we ok or will we need to do turn 1 over as well to take advantage of the changes.
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:29 pm
by pry
ORIGINAL: Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Kid
The new patch whill have some changes to the OOB and other items. These changes should not affect your current PBEM games, but if you are thinking of starting a new PBEM game I would wait until the patch is out so you can take advantage of the OOB changes.
Kid
Will this affect any turn 1 saves??? In other words if we have saved our first moved plans against the AI are we ok or will we need to do turn 1 over as well to take advantage of the changes.
no OOB changes or new features will show up unless a NEW game is started, Other bug fixes do not require a restart.
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:31 pm
by 2Stepper
Can live with that PRY. This first game has been all about learning.
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:04 pm
by Bosun
Ah well, I probably need to adjust my myriad Japanese aircraft engine prioroties, give up on capturing Seattle, and send a few troops to the Phillipines.(although I understand that they had a few more soldiers come home recently)

RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:11 am
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: Banquet
Bear in mind the sound patch has been coming out 'next week' for the last 3 weeks [:D]
Liked your Sig Picture...Its my wall paper [:'(][:D]
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:24 am
by Banquet
It's a great painting. I've tried doing other sigs but that one is still my favourite [:)]
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:30 am
by Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: Banquet
It's a great painting. I've tried doing other sigs but that one is still my favourite [:)]
Talk about dissapointment I thought you made that yourself, should of lied to us [:'(]
Thats the best looking banner I have seen though...wish someone would make me one...hint hint...
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:37 am
by Banquet
hehe, well.. it's a picture I downloaded from the net and then edited to change bits and pieces, add some effects and the text obviously.
If I could actually draw myself to that standard I would be very happy [:D]
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:51 am
by 2Stepper
Wouldn't we all? I spent 4yrs in art school and managed to learn how to paint trees. LOL! I've managed to do the signatures too, just not as good as others. Sides, I've no clue where to scout out the good WW2 artwork. I may even change what I have here eventually.
Love the concept though as I've always loved bombers. Both new and old. Heck if this was a modern war game it'd be a B1B in my signature. [8D] DEFINITELY warheads on foreheads with that lil gem! [:D]
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:04 pm
by MadDawg
Any further update on an ETA?
Just a guesstimate would do, we wont hold you to it [:)]. I have been putting off starting two games since this annoucement and am wondering if its worth starting a smaller scenario.
Dawg
RE: New Patch Inof Please Read
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:53 pm
by olivier_slith
me too and I'd like to start a PBEM. But I understand, so I'll wait.