Page 1 of 2
SPWaW v5.0 and Mega Campaign Status Report
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 3:30 am
by David Heath
Hi Guys
I am a little late with this update do to all the extra hours I been putting in on moving the servers. All of our services except the Opponents Registry and Game Depots are moved to our new and FINAL home.
The Depots and Registry will be moved early to middle of next week with what I hope to be very little excitement. :rolleyes:
Now on to SPWAW and Mega Campaign. We are still waiting for the CD to be finished being pressed. Once this is done it will be sent to our warehouse and shipped. I hoped it would be sooner but I misunderstood the time needed to complete the CD Press job.
Now since we are selling the Mega Campaign and have a download version of SPWAW as well. We find this puts us on new ground as far as producing games goes. Most companies either do one or the other not both.
This being the case we have decided to release the Internet version very soon (No I not going to say when yet) but it will be soon.
Thanks for your support.
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 3:35 am
by Cirrus
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 3:55 am
by Greg McCarty

Thanks David, may Matrix grow
robust & financially healthy.
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 3:59 am
by Alby
as a purchaser of the MC, I do not find it unfair to go ahead and release the 5.0 download and the upgrade from 4.5(there will be an upgrade from 4.5?) as long as I know the MC is coming someday. I mean Ive already spent the money, may as well have something for it. Im sure almost no one would mind if the download and patch were released before shipping starts.
how about it fellow warriors, anybody get mad if 5.0 is released????

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 4:04 am
by Cirrus
how about it fellow warriors, anybody get mad if 5.0 is released????
Alby: You should get some rest man. You are starting to be delirious
--
Cirrus
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 4:05 am
by Mikimoto
Hi David.
I purchased the MC but want to see the download available soon. Because it has no sense to play 4.5 with the improvements of the new version at hand. Please.
Thanks. You are doing a great job.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 4:15 am
by Alby
Originally posted by Cirrus:
how about it fellow warriors, anybody get mad if 5.0 is released????
Alby: You should get some rest man. You are starting to be delirious
--
Cirrus
LOL its work man they are killin me!! LOL

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 4:23 am
by ruxius
Cheer up boys !
We love you !
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 6:02 am
by KG Erwin
At this point I would be happy if you guys would make ONLY the pay version available to the public, BUT I'm sure that previous contractual obligations prevent you from doing this. The Mega Campaign is an inedependently produced project, so making money on that is not prohibited. However, upgrades to the game engine itself are still limited within the stipulations of the contractual agreement, as far as public access is concerned. Am I correct on this?
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 6:03 am
by Grimm
I, for one, would not be upset if the download was released a little before the CD version. Since you have already sent the master CD to be copied I feel you have done your duty to the "paying customers" and can release the download any time.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 7:11 am
by tracer
This being the case we have decided to release the Internet version very soon(No I not going to say when yet)but it will be soon.
This is just a suggestion David: why not make v5.0 available for download but only e-mail the site to those who ordered the MC? Put a bold heading in the e-mail reminding the recipient not to disseminate or post the URL, and make the name of the file something that nobody would guess so that it couldn't be searched out. Or, and I'm not sure how much work it would be, you could maybe use our order confirmation #'s as a password.
Seems to me this would be fair to those who pre-ordered, and also would stagger the download (don't even want to think about what those first couple of days is gonna be like!).
Just a suggestion; I know you guys are long overdue for a breather.
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 7:54 am
by Don
I don't think that works, tracer, because SPWAW is free to everyone. When you buy the MC you just get a copy of SPWAW with it, so there's no reason that poeple who buy the MC should get it before anyone else. Plus, it would be fun for most to play around with 5.0 and get used to the new features before they get the MC.
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 9:37 am
by hnh3_sp
ARGH!
The Refresh Monkeys have escaped! Run for the hills!
Oh, wait. I'm one of 'em. Nevermind.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 9:53 am
by tracer
Like I said, just a suggestion. 'Course, once the CD's ship the download will be like it always was. Just thought those who pre-ordered could get thrown a bone

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 11:01 am
by Antonius
Originally posted by Don:
(...) it would be fun for most to play around with 5.0 and get used to the new features before they get the MC.
Agreed Don. Rushing to play the MC while not fully mastering the new features might spoil the fun somewhat.
Go ahead and release the download version whenever you can, i.e. as soon as you feel the site can be over-flooded with download requests
Since 5.0 also includes a small demo MC it would even make us understand better how it works and should attract more orders.
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 1:59 pm
by Jody
Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 2:01 pm
by Gruvan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Antonius:
[QB]Agreed Don. Rushing to play the MC while not fully mastering the new features might spoil the fun somewhat.

Feel normal to release the V5.0 for download. As writen alredy by someone, the payment is for MC, not for SPWAW which still free isn't it
But having it on a good strong CD (can't make it myself) and not having to dowload the whole file can be a good reason for bying MC. I explain : I am french, and here, to connect on internet suppose you pay the time you log in

. So download is not so free as it cost connecting time

I feel better paying matrix than France Telecom :rolleyes:
Well, so when wil MC will be in France ?

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 2:07 pm
by Cirrus
Gruvan: Your registration date is 'Registered: Jan 2020'. So What are you doing here. You are not suppose to be here until 18 years and 7 months
--
Cirrus
[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: Cirrus ]
Posted: Sat May 05, 2001 3:40 am
by Alby
Wow!!! time warp???
and somehow I was makimoto when I logged on???
I Told Ya! Twilight Zone! heheh
Posted: Sat May 05, 2001 3:46 am
by Cirrus
Let's give Mulder a call......
--
Cirrus