Page 1 of 1

Air strikes/Close support

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 8:41 pm
by CSCOTR
I have had this problem with 4.5 with using B-17's for suppressing/destroying infantry.If my HQ or FO issues an air strike ,more often than not the 17's go chasing after armored vehicles instead of the intended target area.I even check the FO's field of view. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thanks. :confused:

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 8:58 pm
by Paul Vebber
This is fixed in ver 5...Bombers land near where you plot them (mostly) not chasing after units.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2001 8:59 pm
by Wild Bill
The medium-heavy bomber routine has been changed and I think you will find it much improved.

Once you assign an area for aerial bombardment, that area will be bombed whether anything is there or not :D

I'm not sure if tactical strikes have changed from that or not. I have seen them go after other targets than just tanks and trucks.

Wild Bill