Page 1 of 1
strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:14 am
by frank1970
Hi all,
you find me a little helpless:
I bought WITP, instaled it and it does obviously run, BUT everytime a box on the screen opens my mouseperformance is down. It wouldn´t move smoothly for some time, but only "step-wise". After some seconds (they get more the longer the turn is) everything is fine - till the next box pops up.
I have WinXP, 512MB RAM and a 64MB Graphic card. I use 12??x10?? resolution because of my screen (which is optimized for this resolution). I never had this problem before with any software I ran.
What can I do? It is very frustrating and time consuming to wait a minute or so before mousecontrol is back.
RE: strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:03 am
by Marc von Martial
Please provide a DirectX dialog file.
RE: strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:53 am
by 2Stepper
Gotta check those drivers... Mouse driver too... And as Marc suggests, Direct X.
I would add the question, did you have these problems PRIOR to WiTP? Again, your drivers will shed light on the issue, but there may be other minor problems going on also. Will get sorted though, no worries. [8D]
RE: strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:03 pm
by Cmdrcain
For a Temp fix until resolve mouse, you can move around using the keypad keyboard numbers 4,8,6,2
And I've found hitting esc while combat reports etc pop up is a mouseclick on the littre close button... acts like that so esc can be used too
RE: strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:47 pm
by frank1970
Yes, it have been the drivers for the mouse. An update to the newest and no problem anymore!
Thanks for the help.
RE: strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:37 am
by Lonewolf44
Actually, I have a related problem, but one that's preventing me from installing the game. When the install gets to the ART.zip folder, the install stops with the following message:
C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\ART\ART.zip
A decompression error has been detected. (#7)
File CRC mismatch – Data integrity error
And....given the Abort Retry Ignore option, when I "Ignore", then I don't get the Art folder, which gives me the mouse error.
Haven't found any other post with this problem.....any thoughts. Attempting to load it on a Dell Inspiron/8500.
Thanks.
RE: strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:53 am
by Mr.Frag
C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\ART\ART.zip
A decompression error has been detected. (#7)
Completely unrelated ... that is a corrupt install.
RE: strange mouse problems with WITP
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:37 am
by Lonewolf44
Well, I did download it to a removable disk. When I tried to load it on a different laptop today - my Dell at work - it installed - and runs - perfectly.
Not the same model Dells, but the same WitP file. Still won't load on this one.