Page 1 of 1
Should I Buy UV Even If I Have WITP???
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:55 pm
by TheHellPatrol
I really enjoy Witp and while waiting on the patch i've been researching UV as i've never played it. Witp is NOT too big for me as i have played every wargame out there since Talonsoft first started way back when. I know the scale is different but is having both "redundant"? Of course the graphics are much better now but the gameplay is the "real" issue and i wonder if i would have more of a good thing or just a re-vamped UV with all the bells and whistles...err...if i could have the sound enabled that is[X(][;)].
RE: Should I Buy UV Even If I Have WITP???
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:59 pm
by von Murrin
UV is definitely a game all it's own and I truly enjoy(ed?) it. What you have to keep in mind are the many, many improvements made for WitP. I still have a UV game going and find myself wishing for various features that only appear in WitP.
I really don't know what to say other than UV is a good game and it's very much a personal judgement call.
RE: Should I Buy UV Even If I Have WITP???
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:58 am
by Tenzan
Not to bag on UV-I still play it! but,
Most people don't seem to have good experiences going 'backwards'..Make no mistake,
WITP is a huge improvement from UV..You might get annoyed by the lack of 'stand all down' and 'upgrade now' fetaures that..wow..I already take for granted...
On the plus side-
a)Matrix and 2by3 I'm sure would love the money
b)UV is perfect for those days where you want a fight, but WITP seems a bit too much stuff to deal with...
On the Negative side-
a)You will be taking a step down in functionality and game mechanics
RE: Should I Buy UV Even If I Have WITP???
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:02 am
by olivier_slith
JUst buy it to encourage matrix. Supporting this company will allow more great games to come out of them.
RE: Should I Buy UV Even If I Have WITP???
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:17 am
by carnifex
isn't UV included in WITP as a scenario? more or less?
RE: Should I Buy UV Even If I Have WITP???
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:30 am
by TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: carnifex
isn't UV included in WITP as a scenario? more or less?
[X(]Interesting...i'm glad i asked. Thanks for your replies guys, i will be buying BiN as soon as it's available so as to help Matrix pay for Erik's well deserved vacation[:D]...heck...if they squashed that pesky sound ctd bug i might even send some extra $$$. Witp, BiN and some fine cigars...who could ask for more[&o].'cept WitM or WitA[8D].
RE: Should I Buy UV Even If I Have WITP???
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:39 am
by von Murrin
At Matrix Games, uncommon quality and assistance is a common virtue.[:'(]