Page 1 of 1

Pointe Du Hoc

Posted: Mon May 07, 2001 2:34 am
by Toothpick95
Greetings....

I am new to this list, and I must say I have been enjoying immencly what I have been reading so far.

I'm still using the old v. 4.2 because I cant find any working upgrades, but should be going for 5.0 eventually.


My question is, does anyone know of a scenario detailing the 2nd Ranger Assault on Pointe du Hoc on June 6th?

If I need to design my own scenario, can anyone suggest how to simulate scaling the 100 foot cliffs?

I have some accurate maps, but the fine tune details are escaping me.

Thanks. :)

Posted: Mon May 07, 2001 2:47 am
by Paul Vebber
THere are two maps in the maps folder (by Drake) but no scenario.

Posted: Mon May 07, 2001 6:01 am
by Toothpick95
Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
THere are two maps in the maps folder (by Drake) but no scenario.

Where? I looked through all the maps included with the game. I also tried to look up online maps by "Drake" and using keywords...Pointe du Hoc, Hoc, and a whole slew of other things.

Sorry If I'm being clueless here, I am just reading about Rudder's Rangers, and am interested in a scenario.


:confused: :confused: :confused:

Posted: Mon May 07, 2001 6:17 am
by Wild Bill
Check your e-mail, Toothpick!

And welcome to the forum. I've been meaning to do this scenario for the longest.

There are cliffs in the newest version that once you have it, you can add for the effect you want.

WB

Posted: Mon May 07, 2001 6:20 am
by Wild Bill
Well, you have your e-mail address blocked so I can't send the maps. I tried...WB

Posted: Mon May 07, 2001 6:23 am
by Paul Vebber
If you have v5 go to the scenario editor and in the maps section hit load and then they on the third page of maps that came with the game. They are already in the game - you don't have to download them!

Posted: Mon May 07, 2001 6:30 am
by Toothpick95
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Well, you have your e-mail address blocked so I can't send the maps. I tried...WB

Ack! :eek:

Thanks for trying my friend....

I think I fixed it....my email that is.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2001 2:31 am
by Wild Bill
They have both been sent to you..WB