Installation of SP W@W v.8.2
Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:04 pm
Hi! I am new to Matrix Games. For years I played SP w/ Windows98. Recently I had to upgrade my computers for biz to WinXP and found I could not play SP under XP. I did a search to see if I could find a fix and found the ability to download SP W@W v. 8.2 to work under XP. I have done the download now 5 or 6 times. The download seems to go well. However, when I go to open the 425mb Adobe Acrobat file it says
"Acrobat could ot open 'SteelPanthersWorldAtWarSetup-v829.zip' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been corrputed (or examlpe, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
I have tried several approaches to open and install including when I right click on the icon using the "Open with" option and trying both Adobe Acrobat and Compressed Zip files option. When I use the Compressed Zip files option, I get a screen from Norton telling me it is trying to do a virus scan on the file.
Any ideas on how to download and open successfully would be helpful. I feel a void in my life when I can't open a saved SP game and play a few turns. Thanks. Darrell
"Acrobat could ot open 'SteelPanthersWorldAtWarSetup-v829.zip' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been corrputed (or examlpe, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
I have tried several approaches to open and install including when I right click on the icon using the "Open with" option and trying both Adobe Acrobat and Compressed Zip files option. When I use the Compressed Zip files option, I get a screen from Norton telling me it is trying to do a virus scan on the file.
Any ideas on how to download and open successfully would be helpful. I feel a void in my life when I can't open a saved SP game and play a few turns. Thanks. Darrell