Page 1 of 1

Help Wild Bill !

Posted: Tue May 08, 2001 12:00 am
by CSCOTR
I have tried to ask this question before but unfortunately no responce. I would like to know if there is a graphic editor out there to modify some of the pics. I like using the Canadian tanks(rams) and using the oob editor I make a couple of command tanks and I typically increace the chance for a radio/range finder.have a 50/50 mix of HE and AP ammo,ect to match a typical command tank. Command tanks usually have two to three anttena masts and sometimes a unit # such as 001. I would like to add the unit # and a second anttena and maybe a cammo paint job to the standard pic. Is this possible? thanks :)

Posted: Tue May 08, 2001 2:11 am
by Wild Bill
Yes, any graphic could be modified, perhaps using Chlandas Shp editor which is included in version 5.0.

I have never tried doing it and if you did you would have to send that shp file to anyone else who played your scenario.

The real last word on shp file design and modification is Mike Warhorse Amos. This guy make some beauties.

Another good man is Klaus "HORRIDO" Meuller Buschbaum. You may want to write them and se what help they can give you.

mikea@matrixgames.com

Klaus.Mueller-Buschbaum@rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE

With my limited art ability, I simply rely upon them and our other talented artists.

Example, look at the beautiful DD and LST Mike Amos did for me. They are both in Version 5.0

Wild Bill

Posted: Tue May 08, 2001 2:20 am
by CSCOTR
Thank you Bill this information is appreciated. you are truley a gentlman and a scholar


"WISDOM IS A GIFT OF AGE " by me thanks

Posted: Tue May 08, 2001 2:21 am
by john g
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Example, look at the beautiful DD and LST Mike Amos did for me. They are both in Version 5.0

Wild Bill
I thought about using LST's in a landing situation. Is it just stationary so that it can function as a reinforcement location. Or do you use the trick of loading several small infantry units then turn them into tanks to get the tanks to load?

Not to mention the neat little facts like the early British designs had doors an inch too short for M3 Lees to unload, so the Torch landings had to get by with just the light tanks.
thanks, John.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2001 2:52 am
by Wild Bill
The Loading trick works well, John. That is the easiest way. Good thinking...WB

Posted: Tue May 08, 2001 2:53 am
by Wild Bill
My pleasure, CSCOTR!

Glad I could be of help. These guys are good natured and will be happy to lend a hand. Tell 'em I sent you their way...WB