Page 1 of 1
bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:48 pm
by bravow01
i noticed the bombardment combat animation doesn't appear, at least as far as 1.20.
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:02 pm
by SunDevil_MatrixForum
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:06 pm
by siRkid
ORIGINAL: bravow01
i noticed the bombardment combat animation doesn't appear, at least as far as 1.20.
It was removed before WitP was published. Did you ever see it?[&:]
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:34 pm
by TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: Kid
ORIGINAL: bravow01
i noticed the bombardment combat animation doesn't appear, at least as far as 1.20.
It was removed before WitP was published. Did you ever see it?[&:]
Yeah, it's in the Art Folder[;)], give it back![&o]Why would they take it out?, it's just another animation.
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:18 pm
by siRkid
Because nothing in it was annimated.
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:37 pm
by MadDawg
Couldnt it show friendly ships being hit by CD guns? This would really be helpful I think as at times ships are damaged without any feedback.
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:51 pm
by siRkid
ORIGINAL: MadDawg
Couldnt it show friendly ships being hit by CD guns? This would really be helpful I think as at times ships are damaged without any feedback.
That's a good idea I'll add it to the list.
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:57 pm
by Mr.Frag
That's a good idea I'll add it to the list.
I asked that a decade ago ... use the surface combat screen and have the CD battery show up as an island/coast with the ships on the other side ...
fair bit of programming though.
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:03 am
by myros
While we're talking about the combat animations ....
We going to see the 'city' bombing one used for city bomb missions? I see it in the art folder but havent seen it used in game ...minor thing I know but would be cool to see it used.
Would also like to see a seperate one used for ground missions ... kinda odd to see ports and airfields when I bomb a chinese devision in the middle of a forest
Myros
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:11 am
by TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: Kid
ORIGINAL: MadDawg
Couldnt it show friendly ships being hit by CD guns? This would really be helpful I think as at times ships are damaged without any feedback.
That's a good idea I'll add it to the list.
[:D]And while your at it how about some bloody gibs flying up in the air[8D][;)].
RE: bombardment animation doesn't appear
Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:35 am
by waynec
Couldnt it show friendly ships being hit by CD guns? This would really be helpful I think as at times ships are damaged without any feedback.
That's a good idea I'll add it to the list.
another thing the screen does is it allows for a pause in all the scrolling information. sometimes, if i'm not paying attention, i will miss the noise burp that signals the bombardment. why not just add the aircraft bombing bursts looking through the binoculars?
