Page 1 of 1

Base control

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:06 pm
by chili614
Ver 1.1
Scenario 15

I captured Camranh Bay with Commonweath forces and I cannot change the base command. It is set to Southern Fleet and has a US base symbol. I changed it to Southeast Asia command twice (at a cost of 1800 PP each time), but it changes back on the next turn.

RE: Base control

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:50 pm
by foliveti
I have not been able to figure out what the benefit might be of changing base command. It seems like all units receive supply in the normal way, regardless of which command the base is assigned to.

RE: Base control

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:58 pm
by FirstPappy
You're mixing apples and oranges. Chili is describing a bug about a base he has captured from the enemy but it is still shown as being "owned" by the enemy.

Your question has been discussed in the regular forum quite a bit.

RE: Base control

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:28 pm
by DoomedMantis
Are you talking about who owns the base, or the HQ controlling the base?

RE: Base control

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:28 am
by chili614
The Allies "own" the base. The base seems to draw supply and I can launch airstrikes from it, but the HQ is set to Southern Fleet. I recently disbanded a TF here and on the next turn it set out on computer control to Kuching (a Japanese held base.) More of an annoyance than anything else, I just have to make sure I do not base any surface ships there and it seems to work okay. The strange thing, as I mentioned before, is that I am allowed to change the HQ to Southeast Asia, on any given turn, but it changes back on the next turn.

I am curious to whether the supplies I sent here are moving out to Allied or Japanese bases...

RE: Base control

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:16 am
by DoomedMantis
Have you got a before save?

Or a save that repeats?

If so send it to

paul.harrison50@bigpond.com.au

RE: Base control

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:18 pm
by BartM
NewsFlash

the U.S.S Lexington today landed in Tokyo along with her escorts as Admrial Halsey defected. The celebrations are still continuing [:D]