Page 1 of 2
How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:30 am
by Tankerace
Just a quick survey, I would just liek to know how many people play using my OOB graphic mod, and how many would like to see the other campaigns fitted with it aswell? Just a survey to see how well my work has been received.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:55 am
by Don Bowen
I use the graphics - they are great!
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:56 am
by Fallschirmjager
It would be nice if you rolled this on with Lemurs scenario...hint hint...
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:34 am
by Ron Saueracker
Absolutely love the graphics, Tank! Be a welcome adjustment to the official ship database.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:37 am
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Tankerace
Just a quick survey, I would just liek to know how many people play using my OOB graphic mod, and how many would like to see the other campaigns fitted with it aswell? Just a survey to see how well my work has been received.
Do you have a readme explaining what your mod is about and the changes you have made?
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:42 am
by SunDevil_MatrixForum
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:12 am
by Tanaka
Any plans on doing Japanese ships as well??? [:D]
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:33 pm
by Tankerace
I am thinking about it, but it wouldn't be a massive mod. All of my research leads me to the fact that the Japanese, due mostly to need of ships, never heavily reffitted their ships (Sans Ise and Hyuga). The largest refits I can find to Japanese ships are the Ise class conversions, Mogami (or was it Mikuma) into a Seaplane cruiser, and the removal of 2 6.1" turrets from Yamato. The latter could not be seen, considering the graphics sizes, and I don't think the Mogami conversion is an option.
Oh Ron, interesting you brought that up. Once I get my DE pack done today, I was thinking about seeing if Matrix would want to bundle them as "official graphics". Course, if the did, I'd want to overhaul a few more ships possible.
As for Lemurs, sure, I'd be willing to combine forces with him as well.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:36 pm
by CJ Martin
I'm using it - it rocks!
Thanks again.
-CJ
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:08 pm
by magresh
It is a thing of beauty. Thanks. Keep it up, your work is appreciated.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:21 pm
by Tankerace
Not a problem guys, and thanks for the support. I don't know if they will, but I am trying to see if Matrix would included the graphics ansd the necessary OOB changes into their official scenarios.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:48 pm
by MadDawg
Thanks for all of the hard work Tankerace....Im looking forawrd to seeing what you come up with in the future! I havnt played the larger scenarios yet, so I havnt checked it out, but I will.
Dawg
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:52 pm
by von Murrin
I definitely use it. That with myros' map mod are the best mods we have right now.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:53 pm
by Tankerace
Hey, don't forget your awsome flag mod.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:54 pm
by jcjordan
I've put them in but haven't started a game with it yet as I'm still playing my current savegame even though I've patched to current patch as well so those changes arent' all the way in.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:03 pm
by Tankerace
Since everyone likes it, I am doing a graphic mega pack. This will include ALL Graphics I have done, Ship arts vol 1 and 2, plus these OOB graphics, and a set of about 10 more. It is this final pack that I am presenting to matrix in the hopes that, with the correct OOB changes, the be labeled official and inserted into all scenarios. However, you gusy can still download it and use them in the mean time [;)]
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:13 pm
by Bradley7735
Hey Tankerace,
It's good to hear that you're communicating with Matrix on this. I know there's a bunch of you guys out there who have their own speciality. If you all were able to put your information on OOB changes/fixes and could coordinate with Matrix and testers (Pry), I bet we could get an extremely accurate scenario 15 in the near future. (I'm just repeating what Mr. Frag said in another post).
Anyway, thanks to you and the others who do these mods. I use them. But it would be nice to get them officially included in future patches.
bc
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:24 pm
by Tankerace
Thanks for the support guys. Sorry about my poor spelling today. I am trying to post in these forums while I am repainting US DEs and typing up a list of the necessary OOB changes.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:52 am
by brisd
I like the original graphics and hope Matrix keeps them. I think it's great people like Tankerace are doing mods and those belong on sites like Spooky's or maybe Matrix will allow such things on their website too. In other words, don't change official scenarios but allow people to download changes from the Matrix site that have been 'Matrix/2by3 approved for use in WITP'.
RE: How many people play my graphic mod?
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:01 am
by Tankerace
Umm.... mine doesn't have changes. All mine changes is fix out and out errors on the ship graphics, and fixes the OOB to allow the ships to appear in different guises, based on how they appeared historically. But, I guess everone is entitled to their opinion.
The whole point of my mods is to fix out and out errors (Such as the Pensacola having 3 instead of 4 turrets, the Buckley having 2 5" turrets as opposed to 3 3" guns, the Repulse having a bridge like Renown, as opposed to a tripod mast). Still, i am going to give it to them. My new graphics aren't major, and in fact half of them are based off the original Matrix graphics. But, the ball is in Matrix' court now.