Page 1 of 1

Gauss Cannon Bug?

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:04 am
by aquietfrog
I just found something odd while playing Vossler's Gambit and I've replicated it in a random battle using an Annihilator.

The situation is, the Annihilator is in the adjacent hex to its target. I set its move mode to "wait on locked foe". After that when I go to attack mode it shows that the Gauss Cannons are not available for firing (coloured Magenta, reloading?), but if I check the weapon data window, it says all weapons are ready. The Medium Lasers on the Annihilator aren't affected so I'm assuming this is limited to the Gauss Cannon. I tried moving the target around that I think range doesn't affect it.

It seems the conditions for this to occur is that Gauss Cannons can't fire if Move mode is set to "Wait on Locked Foe"

RE: Gauss Cannon Bug?

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:46 am
by Sleeping_Dragon
Will see if I can duplicate.. but.. 1 question (and I forget about it often myself)

Do you have any free PUs (power units) to fire the GCs? They take 1 PU to fire.

RE: Gauss Cannon Bug?

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:54 am
by Sleeping_Dragon
Nevermind.... Duplicated it... it's bug.... yoohoo... Larkin.

It seems to that every move set to "wait, units, <anything> " 'Megentas' the GCs.

RE: Gauss Cannon Bug?

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:35 am
by LarkinVB
Bug acknowledged. Since Erik has to fix the patch for german users I will ask him to release a new v1.2.1 with this fix and some AI tweaks I've just done.