Page 1 of 1

Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:22 pm
by Burzmali
The bugs back, I started a new game, choose a campaign, read the breifing, decided to try a random map instead, and ended playing both sides. Oops. I have a save if you want it.

Side note: Should I really get salvage for ATs that retreat?

Yes, I'm running v1.2

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:34 pm
by LarkinVB
Please try to give bug reports with which I can work. Give a step by step guidance on how to reproduce the bug. What do you mean by salvaging a titan on retreat ? Otherwise you are of no real help, sorry.

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:36 pm
by Burzmali
Step 1: Start new Game
Step 2: Select Squad from file
Step 3: Select Map
Step 4: Load Campaign
Step 5: Choose Campaign
Step 6: Read Briefing
Step 7: Select Map
Step 8: Choose type (random)
Step 9: Choose size (small)
Step 10: Generate random opponent
Step 11: Set balance (30% against)
Step 12: Start game

Give or take.

For salvage, I still get salvage rewards when the opposing team (in the case above controlled by me) flees the arena. It seems odd that I can claim salvage $$$ on ATs that escaped [&:]

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:46 pm
by LarkinVB
Ok. Thanks. See the problem with the map. You did get salvage though this particular titan left map, right ?

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:02 pm
by Burzmali
I don't mean salvaging a particular titan, just the enormous reward for salvage despite never firing a shot. [:)]

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:06 pm
by LarkinVB
So did the titans leave the map or just ejected ?

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:33 pm
by Burzmali
I was controlling them and forced them to leave the map

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:08 am
by aquietfrog
Duplicated the situation. Looks like after all the selections, team 3 is set to be controlled by human in solitary mode. Salvage money from a titan that fled... it's not that big, but the fact that salvage can be taken from an undamaged titan is kinda odd.

It's kinda like cheating if you just let the enemy flee the battle [:'(]. You can manually set them to be AI controlled with F3 or using the "A" hotkey. In hotseat play, you can toggle AI/player control on any teams.

RE: Controlling both sides bug

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:43 am
by LarkinVB
Will fix both bugs for v1.2.1