Page 1 of 1
Aerial Bombardment
Posted: Sat May 12, 2001 7:01 am
by MaxGross
Is anyone besides me having problems with Heavy and Med. bomers? When I use them all I get is some strange noise a quick flash of the screen over the target, see no bombing, no sound, and left with the craters. This all occurs in rapid succession.
--------------------------
You must always smash with your Armor.
Posted: Sat May 12, 2001 8:04 am
by Don
I'm trying to remember if having "fast artillery" on affects this - do you have it on? Maybe try it with it off.
Also, if you do not have "limited ammo" on those bombers will drop 16 bombs every time they come in!
Posted: Sun May 13, 2001 7:44 am
by MaxGross
Thanks Don, I had suspected it was fast atry AFTER I sent the post, duh!
However, even under "fast artillery off" conditions the screen does not stay over the target during the aerial bombardment phase. It goes somewhere else. But the sounds and impacts are normal.
Anyone else experiencing this?
------------------------------
You must always smash with your armor.
Posted: Sun May 13, 2001 2:54 pm
by jambo1
Yes I've noticed this, my sounds are fine but you can not watch the strike go in. However that being said, If you pick your target area right, what a result! I found them really useful on the assault I'm presently fighting. 12 units gone, and who knows how many casualities. I found many units still retreating out of the area even 5 turns later.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2001 5:59 pm
by Alby
Same here, screen does not stay on target area. I hear sound tho.
Dont think you're actually supposed to see the bombers, but seems you should see the target area.
[ May 13, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]
Posted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:06 pm
by Kharan
Yeah, bomb strike with Fast Arty off only displays the first bombed hex, then the screen jumps to your troops while the other bombardments fall. With Fast Arty on it doesn't show anything, only plays the bombing sound effect for 1/4 second.
By the way, isn't there a disparity between the artillery craters (and also damage?) with Fast Arty off and on?
Posted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:22 pm
by Marder_MatrixForum
I have the same problems.... so if anyone know how to fix, please reply!
Thanks
Marder