Page 1 of 1

Sticky opfire?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2001 5:11 pm
by ollittm
How about making opfire target "stick" somewhat?

That is, a tank or ATG is more likely to shoot at a target it has shot previously and less likely to bother with anyone else.

This way you'd get the hit-% boost changes..

Naturally special opfire would override this behavior.

This could be implemented as well by adding (t)arget to the opfire confirm y/n dialog.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2001 4:25 pm
by Tommy
Barleyman,


Check here
for this topic. I think the loss of target-lock is annoying, but Paul says it's the best he can do.

Tommy

Posted: Mon May 14, 2001 6:21 pm
by Paul Vebber
Actually it happens everyso often in online play ;) More a bug, but I've had it save me on a couple occasions when shooting at teh previous target was more valuable than the "new one"...has its downsides though!

IT reallyis problematic given the natur of IGO-HUGO

Posted: Mon May 14, 2001 7:01 pm
by ollittm
Ok,

I dig.

AI doesn't get bored of moving it's units one hex at a time, either. Actually that approximates simultaneous movement much closer than what most players do.

That's potentially unfair advantage but I reckon we can forgive the poor AI this one :rolleyes:.

Personally I find SP very ponderous now that I'm used to Combat Mission. Hopefully Combat Leader wego-engine includes some kind of tac-ai that reduces the anal-retentiveness quota.

Should be a lot easier to code for 2-dimensional tile-based engine, too!