Page 1 of 1

A couple of questions

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:49 am
by bgibs
I thought I read somewhere that if you put a bombardment tf on patrol/do not retire it would remain in the hex and bombard until its ammo went low. Is this true? Because I cant get it to work.

Also, how do we know what a planes secondary loadout is supposed to be? Example: the beaufort V-IX carries a torpedo for it primary loadout and the data base says for extended range missions it carries a 250kg ap bomb. So what does it carry if it is bombing an airfield within its normal operating radius?

RE: A couple of questions

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:57 am
by MadDawg
A couple of answers [:)]

1) Yes, they do remain on station, but I beleive they chance to a surface combat task force (to save ammo I guess?). If Im correct (I think I am) you need to switch them back to a bombardment group each turn in order to get them to bombard.

2) Umm, guess? Seriously, I dont think its documented anywhere in game...basically its a smaller load than their max (for torp planes that means bombs). I actually have found quite a few areas like this where the game really needs to give players more feedback so they can make educated descisions over guesswork. You could always look in the editor I guess...Im not sure if its mentioned in there or now though.

Dawg

RE: A couple of questions

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:54 pm
by bgibs
Thanks for the info. I really think that they should adress point number 2. I think it is important to know what the secondary loadouts are for planes that normally cary torps but choose a land target that is in range.