Page 1 of 1

aviation support expansion

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:04 pm
by robert_emmers
The way I read the manual (which I don't have with me to cite details) is that one aviation support unit at a base will take on extra replacements to match the expanding level of the base, given enough supply etc. I have four aviation support units at a base NW of Hollandia (can't remember the name) with what appears to be anough supply and within the command radius of both 6th Army and 5th Air Force. However, none of them is taking on the extra replacements to expand. Is there something else that's supposed to trigger this?

RE: aviation support expansion

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:13 pm
by Mr.Frag
Nope, Computer player only. [;)]

RE: aviation support expansion

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:21 pm
by robert_emmers
Doh. That explains it. Thanks much.

RE: aviation support expansion

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:11 pm
by foliveti
I read it that way iniitially as well, but if after rereading it a number of times, I finally noticed that the section of the rules started out by saying that "for the computer player".

RE: aviation support expansion

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:05 am
by robert_emmers
Yeah, I went back and I see that now. It was a nice thought, tho.

RE: aviation support expansion

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:19 pm
by SeaJunk
So are there any tips on what a human player should do?
It seems a bit unfair that we have to ship in multiple units to accomplish the same task that a computer player only needs one unit for.

Thanks
SJ

RE: aviation support expansion

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:25 pm
by UncleBuck
I would like to see a Human player get that option to expand a base force (aviation support) if it is in the same hex with a AF HQ. It makes sense. It is not to much of an advantage. It would allow for the AF HQ being the clearing house for all replacements to Aviation Units. It could be a slow build up but it should build up.

UB

RE: aviation support expansion

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:26 pm
by DrewMatrix
So are there any tips on what a human player should do?
It seems a bit unfair

Ship in multiple units, just like you said[:)]

Which side are you playing? At least for the Allies (I haven't played the Japanese yet) there are lots of large Air Support units you will get eventually. By June/July 1942 they are starting to appear. In the mean time start developing the bases with the smaller units you have got, and put multiple units at those bases where you need lots of air support (choose wisely).

Eng units rescued from PI and DEI are useful for this.