Page 1 of 2
New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:00 am
by marky
[:D]
any1 heard about it?
itll b on the scifi channel of course
i was hoping theyd remake the series
wen i saw the first commercial - my first words-
hell yeah and
hooyaah
[:'(]
i of course taped the miniseries that was on a few months ago, i think it was february
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:08 am
by freeboy
They did a four hour pilot, the new human like evil cylons destroy the colonys, and set the stage for a new fleet setting out for ?... pretty sad acting, but the new series is slated to run next Jan... We will see. it should show up on the Sci Fi channels web page
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:41 am
by Cmdrcain
Yes there was a 4 hr mini, it went over well enough that it was expanded into a series that starts in January.
They re-made it into a bit different, the cylons are AT thingies that Humans created and which revolted, the humans and them made a truce and they went off elsewhere... their back and used trickery to bring down many Battlestars, in Pilot theres reference to one Fleet of 50 battlestars that faled...
The Cylons..the new ones are androids and look like humans... [:D]
The remaning humans are fleeing to indeed who knows where...
There also in December on Sci Fic Channel will be a Mini series
based on Earth Sea
[8D]
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:59 am
by Hertston
The miniseries was better than I expected. That said, I wasn't expecting much [:D]
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:56 am
by Muzrub
I heard Starbuck was replaced by a chick................
Which sucks in my opinion.[:@]
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:21 pm
by Goblin
You are correct, Muzrub, it did suck. She even has the cigar and punches people. Why they changed it, I will never know.[8|]
Goblin
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:27 pm
by freeboy
Anyone remember "above and beyond" I am kind of partial to it, great three dimensional space combat, other than being stupid for using elite fighter jocks as grunts, it really lost its way, for sets and acting I found it ahead of the pack... too bad its long gone.
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:43 pm
by solops
They introduced a new political component that is:
Imbecilic
Implausible
Has Disagreeable characters
Nauseating
I quit watching before the end of the fist Xylon attack, and I won't go back. I did not even have time to laugh at the effort to introduce politically correct soldiers.
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:55 pm
by Hertston
ORIGINAL: freeboy
Anyone remember "above and beyond" I am kind of partial to it, great three dimensional space combat, other than being stupid for using elite fighter jocks as grunts, it really lost its way, for sets and acting I found it ahead of the pack... too bad its long gone.
Yeah... that was quite fun, albeit a blatant Starship Troopers rip-off. I was pleased they had enough warning of it's cancellation that they could actually finish off the story, for once.
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:35 pm
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: freeboy
Anyone remember "above and beyond" I am kind of partial to it, great three dimensional space combat, other than being stupid for using elite fighter jocks as grunts, it really lost its way, for sets and acting I found it ahead of the pack... too bad its long gone.
And it has what to do with Galactica?
[:-]
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:37 pm
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: solops
They introduced a new political component that is:
Imbecilic
Implausible
Has Disagreeable characters
Nauseating
I quit watching before the end of the fist Xylon attack, and I won't go back. I did not even have time to laugh at the effort to introduce politically correct soldiers.
CYLON get it right... CYLON!
[:-]
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:02 pm
by freeboy
both sci fi??? is this a trick ?
lol
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:23 am
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: freeboy
both sci fi??? is this a trick ?
lol
Threads about galactica... not E-B or whatever flavor [:-][:'(]
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:59 am
by solops
ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain
CYLON get it right... CYLON!
[:-]
See?! See!? I'm so distraught I cannot even spell anymore!
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:29 am
by Hexed Gamer
I often love a show when it comes out, and remain liking the show many years later.
I might like to get the wife the old Battlestar Gallactica on DVD or something some day. It was a fun show and she liked it.
Now this reinvented crapola, well I am not planning on wasting my lifespan on it let alone funds.
It's not the end of the world to add colour to old movies, nor the end of the world to redo old movies, but, Starbuck was an atypical male macho jerk pilot. And he didn't menstruate if I recall
What the heck was wrong with him being a guy?
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:22 am
by freeboy
looks like the forum police are coming to get me.. or is that the dream police?
lighten up, some of us are less linear and more out of the box.. so it was a natural link...
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:25 am
by Error in 0
Hmm, I vaguely recall seeing an old sci-fi, from the 50'ies? In the style "Bonanza go sci-fi", [:D]. Did some of you actually catch its first season? For someone who started with StarTrek TNG, BG is a step down [:)]. However, StarTrek has grown into something discraceful, according to some. Apparently the new series are not true to the spirit of StarTrek, and comments like 'sold out' has been used. Hopefully BG2 does better!
JT
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:35 am
by Muzrub
ORIGINAL: Goblin
You are correct, Muzrub, it did suck. She even has the cigar and punches people. Why they changed it, I will never know.[8|]
Goblin
Why did we lose the Cylon metal/silver look...........
I'm getting angry.
In another 20 years if they remake the simpons will marge be the funny one or homer be black?
Maybe Jerry off sienfeld could turn muslim?
I look foward to a remake of happy days when the fonz turns into a chick too.
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:48 pm
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: Hexed Gamer
I often love a show when it comes out, and remain liking the show many years later.
I might like to get the wife the old Battlestar Gallactica on DVD or something some day. It was a fun show and she liked it.
Now this reinvented crapola, well I am not planning on wasting my lifespan on it let alone funds.
It's not the end of the world to add colour to old movies, nor the end of the world to redo old movies, but, Starbuck was an atypical male macho jerk pilot. And he didn't menstruate if I recall
What the heck was wrong with him being a guy?
The Original BSG is already out on DVD, theres the original Start /pilot alone which isn't too expensive and then theres the full set at I feel a High price Around $80-90 for 12 episiodes...
RE: New Battlestar Galactica
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:49 pm
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: Hexed Gamer
I often love a show when it comes out, and remain liking the show many years later.
I might like to get the wife the old Battlestar Gallactica on DVD or something some day. It was a fun show and she liked it.
Now this reinvented crapola, well I am not planning on wasting my lifespan on it let alone funds.
It's not the end of the world to add colour to old movies, nor the end of the world to redo old movies, but, Starbuck was an atypical male macho jerk pilot. And he didn't menstruate if I recall
What the heck was wrong with him being a guy?
Ohh Btw BOOMER is also a Female [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]