Page 1 of 2

Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:12 pm
by Knaust
I have a 56k modem...before starting a long download, I asked in this forum if the downloadable version was v1.21, in order to avois another long download
SunDevil politely in formed me to go to

http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp? ... m%3D680332

after a 28 hrs download, I was on to enjoy my game, however...the downloaded version is 1.00

it looks like a very silly thing...the master installer is not updated[X(]

so I need to start a new long download session[:(]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:19 pm
by Erik Rutins
Knaust,

Not a helpful thread title. We are not stupid, but thanks for asking.

Unfortunately, the master installer has not been updated yet, sorry for the confusion any statements on the other thread caused. We had an updated installer to DR last week, but decided to hold off until we could get a better idea of how many customers are still having sound issues and to make sure the 772 error was well and truly fixed.

An updated 1.21 full installer should go out to Digital River tomorrow for posting this week. I'll post here when it is confirmed to be online. Sorry again for any confusion. August is by far our most difficult month in terms of being short on staff due to all the convention requirements and things are forced to move a bit more slowly than our usual pace.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:19 pm
by Marc von Martial
No, we´re not stupid. The master files for the digital download will be updated this week.

The answer in the thread you quote is about the boxed version which will be available during august.

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:41 pm
by Hartley
Look like it's bash-the-developers day . [8|]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:50 pm
by Knaust
Ok..ok...I was very angry...but my question in the topics "Download and version 1.21 " was very definite...
Anyway I think it would have been better to open a top thread on this subject[;)]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:00 pm
by Knaust
moreover I think it is more correct to release a patch only when all master installers are updated[:)]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:22 pm
by Erik Rutins
Knaust,

Thanks and I understand. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

However, we definitely don't update master installers first. The reason for this is that occasionally, a major problem may slip through testing and we want to make sure that a patch is "good" as far as the public is concerned before we make it into a full version and have it as the default for new customers. In this case, 1.20+1.21 is an exception as the combined patch is so large and resolves some key issues. We do intend to get this version online as soon as possible this week to help modem customers.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:17 pm
by Oliver Heindorf
ORIGINAL: Hartley

Look like it's bash-the-developers day . [8|]


I had exactly the same feeling :( [8|]

if you ask me, I cant hear it anymore, I am happy with my game and OK, there are some glitches in the game but heck, the game is IMMENSE and the level of complexity is HUGE so it is absolutly normal that there are a few issues left over as humans tend to make mistakes. thoses issues will be fixed sooner or later - ppl should stay more calm. blaming the developers wont help for a single step imho.

maybe you can DL the patch, OK its huge but better to re-load a full master.

OR ask politly if a chap from here could burn you a copy of the full patch and sent it over to you for a few bucks.....there is always a way out....in other words....think before blame [;)]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:24 pm
by freeboy
Ok, I am already thinking and dreaming of witp, that was weird[X(]... so its a break from my hectic against the ai time to a much saner pbem[:@], when my vacationing pbem oponent gets back, lucky him....
This game really is emense and very satisfying....
And what am I doing while on against the ia break? other company products? I own them for sure, but its pbem TAO3, and testing ggwaw... thanks for not giving up the ship when the sailors mutiny.. this is one mate thats happy you folks are "stupid
"
"I I captain, its the plank for these wayward grogs, no more snivelin"

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:33 pm
by mongo
Remember,

we love this company.. the only way you can beat on the devs is thus:



or



[:D]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:46 am
by SunDevil_MatrixForum
Well I am not part of the Matrix company, so you might want to edit the title of this thread and say "Is Sundevil Stupid?" [:D]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:57 am
by TheHellPatrol
Anyone still using a 56K in this day and age could also be thought stupid[:D][;)].

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:07 am
by Nomad
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

Anyone still using a 56K in this day and age could also be thought stupid[:D][;)].

I don't tihink I am stupid, just disadvantaged. If I could get a broadband for a reasonable price
I would. I just can not.[:@]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:07 am
by fbastos
Knaust has already said that his post was out of frustration (which I can easily imagine), but even so I would like to offer this counter-balance feedback to Matrix:

I'm very pleased with Matrix. I came to know the company with the Steel Panthers WAW series, and since then I became a regular visitor of the web site. I'm very well impressed with the fast and lightweight approach for publishing its products, and I'm amazed at the excellent and lightning fast support (which leaves the heavyweight publishers in the market in the dust).

We all know what happens to original publishers when they are swallowed by the likes of Matel, Sony, Konami, etc..., and a higher force willing, the same won't happen to Matrix. Hopefully what will happen is their client base will continuously grow and provide them the fortune they need to keep doing the good job, for our good fortune of keeping entertained with quality and original software.

Sincerely,
F.

PS: I would buy more softwares from you, but my time is 110% consumed!
PS II: Where is Cross of Iron??? I"m waiting for two years now!

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:46 am
by TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: Nomad
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

Anyone still using a 56K in this day and age could also be thought stupid[:D][;)].

I don't tihink I am stupid, just disadvantaged. If I could get a broadband for a reasonable price
I would. I just can not.[:@]
I was being defensive on Matrixs' behalf, my comment was merely to point out the redundancy of his post . Children are known to call people "stupid" not adults eg: "you don't have cable? Ewww, your stupid." I am not claiming nor implying that not having broadband is stupid, only if you can afford it and "don't" have it...now that's stupid![:D][;)]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:59 am
by Knaust
Well, I have to say something more about all this...

First of all, my English is not very fluent, so the word "stupid" was maybe too harsh.
Perhaps it would have been better to have a title like "Damned...."
However, if words are worth a penny we can deduce that:
1) Matrix games are not for 56k modem customers(?) (quoting TheHellPatrol)
2) some master installers are constantly updated, and others not, quoting Marc "The master installers are constantly updated, so yes it wil include the latest version. We will have the box on demand service available within the next two weeks I guess. "
3) last but not least, what about having a warning about the version you are going to download?

But as I have already said, my English is not fluent...so sorry for all this mess[:(]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:31 am
by captskillet
Not everybody can afford DSL or cable [:@]

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:00 pm
by Culiacan Mexico
ORIGINAL: Knaust
Is Matrix stupid?
No.

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:10 pm
by Belisarius
Totally offtopic:

TheHellPatrol, I give you the "Gratitious use of lense flare effects" award for your avatar.

RE: Is Matrix stupid?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:20 pm
by TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: Belisarius

Totally offtopic:

TheHellPatrol, I give you the "Gratitious use of lense flare effects" award for your avatar.
[:D]
[&o]