Page 1 of 1

Almost unsinkable ships in version 1.20

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:33 pm
by bigmilt
After I upgraded to version 1.2 and playing at historical AI level the Southwest Pacific
scenario. That Japanese ships became almost unsinkable. I hit a Jap minesweeper(made of wood) with 3 1000 pound bombs. Two should have made it a stack of kindling
and a oil slick. That it sank 48 hours later. I have hit Japanese ap/ak type ships with
multiple torpedo and bomb hits - 2 torpedoes and 3 to 5 bombs is plenty to sink a small
ap/ak. They sailed away. Considering the Japanese manning level of these ships at
being just above skeleton - damage control should be just above nonexistent. In version
1.00 they usually sank with 1 torpedo and 2-3 bomb hits. ?????????

RE: Almost unsinkable ships in version 1.20

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:37 pm
by Williamb
Make sure it isnt FOW. Some of those might not be hits

RE: Almost unsinkable ships in version 1.20

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:49 pm
by Sultanofsham
Yes my pilots reported hitting the Zuikaku with 30 some bombs in one mission. Imagin my suprise when I spotted it afloat the next day.

Rule of thumb is pilots lie and level bomber pilots lie the most although figher pilots can give them a good run for thier money.