Give them planes and pilots back 49th
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:35 am
I came across a situation where the 49th FS has 72 ready P-40E, 28 in repair and 95 pilots. The group strength number in the upper left is 72 so I think this might be a bug.
What seems to have happened is that somehow I loaded only 8 of the squadron at San fran (not sure why but I would guess the others were still in Seattle being repaired, maybe after upgrade from P-40b’s?) and took them to Pearl. After they got to Pearl I noticed the rest of the aircraft bounce back from SF to Seattle. Well I move them back and I guess I started a juggling game that ended with 3 or more groups. Every time I moved the 2 groups to SF it would move back to Seattle. While this was going on the computer kept giving replacements to the 3 groups to bring them up to strength. Once I brought the 8 planes back from Pearl and they all merged I ended up with the 100 plane 95 pilot group.
Pretty sure I can do this at will if it needs to be replicated and I do have a save of the final result if needed.
What seems to have happened is that somehow I loaded only 8 of the squadron at San fran (not sure why but I would guess the others were still in Seattle being repaired, maybe after upgrade from P-40b’s?) and took them to Pearl. After they got to Pearl I noticed the rest of the aircraft bounce back from SF to Seattle. Well I move them back and I guess I started a juggling game that ended with 3 or more groups. Every time I moved the 2 groups to SF it would move back to Seattle. While this was going on the computer kept giving replacements to the 3 groups to bring them up to strength. Once I brought the 8 planes back from Pearl and they all merged I ended up with the 100 plane 95 pilot group.
Pretty sure I can do this at will if it needs to be replicated and I do have a save of the final result if needed.