Page 1 of 1
Selling WitP allowed?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:00 pm
by Brausepaul
First note to moderators/administrators: it might have been better just to close the topic mentioned in this thread and may be erasing any unwanted links since deleting of threads leads to confusion, and there was a question coming up that might be important.
Based on a question that came up in the recent "bootleg thread" (deleted):
Can one legally sell his (legitimate) license of WitP in case one doesn't like the game?
RE: Selling WitP allowed?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:05 pm
by bradfordkay
It's a question for intellectual property lawyers, but my assumption is that as long as you completely remove the software from your compputer(s), a legitimately purchased copy of WitP could be legally sold by you. The grey area is how would Matrix handle registration/upgrades for the new purchaser. WHY on earth anyone would ever want to sell their copy of WitP is unfathomable...
RE: Selling WitP allowed?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:22 pm
by 2Stepper
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
WHY on earth anyone would ever want to sell their copy of WitP is unfathomable...
Well, while I'm just overjoyed with this game, I do have to say that anything is possible. I mean I'm in a rare "odd" minority of people that actually LOVES Master of Orion 3. And thats WITHOUT any mods applied. LOL!! "Warped", I know. LOL! Still, there's a lot of people that think that it was a total dud on a good franchise...
So anything is possible... I jus love my MOO and my WiTP too! [:D][:D]
RE: Selling WitP allowed?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:33 pm
by Banquet
ORIGINAL: 2Stepper
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
WHY on earth anyone would ever want to sell their copy of WitP is unfathomable...
Well, while I'm just overjoyed with this game, I do have to say that anything is possible. I mean I'm in a rare "odd" minority of people that actually LOVES Master of Orion 3. And thats WITHOUT any mods applied. LOL!! "Warped", I know. LOL! Still, there's a lot of people that think that it was a total dud on a good franchise...
So anything is possible... I jus love my MOO and my WiTP too! [:D][:D]
lol, good for you, 2Stepper [:D]
RE: Selling WitP allowed?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:21 pm
by dday
[:D] No way,its priceless!!!
RE: Selling WitP allowed?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:43 pm
by hithere
I like MOO3 also
RE: Selling WitP allowed?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:46 pm
by Genisis
if i sold this game i would have to talk to people after work!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!