Page 1 of 1

Trouble upgrading to 5.1

Posted: Fri May 18, 2001 5:04 am
by mchargmg
Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade from 4.5 to 5.1. I get the following error message.

~\SND\stream\vid998.smk

A decompression error has been detected (#7)
File CRC mismatched. Data integrity error


Here the ~\ is the root directory for SPWAW

Any ideas? Other have this problem? Maybe I have to get the entire 5.1 download (ugh).

Thanks!


mgm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2001 5:19 am
by Warrior
Oh yeah, lots of us have had the problem. First, remove and save your old 998.smk file. Then redo the upgrade, when it asks what to do about the error, hit "Ignore." Finish the install, then copy your old 998.smk back into "Stream" folder. That's not a perfect fix, but it should work.

[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: REMF ]

Posted: Fri May 18, 2001 5:21 am
by Don Doom
or just download the replacement 998 file from matrix. :D