Page 1 of 1
SPWAW: Good books
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:47 pm
by Black Omega
Time to get new books. I've been playing SPWAW quite a bit recently, and was wondering what's a good book for an overview on Armored Fighting Vehicles and a good book on the military small arms of WWII.
Loving the game, just looking for more information on the hardware that I keep getting blown up.

RE: SPWAW: Good books
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:37 am
by Major Destruction
I have a book named: The complete Encyclopedia of Weapons of world War II
edited by Chris Bishop
ISBN 1894102223
As a general background book it provides a reader with a first look.
For more detail you need to go elsewhere.
But if you want a single reference for every weapon from pistol to batleship this is a good place to start. Interestingly, there are some glaring ommissions to the complete encyclopedia like the Bf109 but no book is 'complete' is it?
RE: SPWAW: Good books
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:50 am
by Hexed Gamer
Considering niche markets are rife with titles in low volume print runs, I won't sugest a specific title, but rather a specific source.
SPWaW deals with specific vehicle details down to the nuts and bolts level of fussy level nitpicking. I rarely find details of this sort outside of a well stock model shop actually.
Thus, my advice, a visit to the best model shop in your area is in order. My most impressive hardware literature all came from visits to model shops, not book stores.